2018-2019 Application Cycle

4 hours ago, JasminePA said:

Same here 🙂 there's a find a roommate resource on the UNE website that I've been trying to use, but no one else has filled it out yet except for me lol You have to set up your UNE online accounts before you can use it. 

FYI, I called Jaclyn on Friday, and she said we'd be receiving more materials after the second deposit is due (March 1). I'm getting anxious to square away loans, housing, materials, uniforms, etc.

Can't wait to meet you all!

How did you make your account? I don’t remember receiving any emails about this. I’ve been super anxious about getting stuff in line as well so thanks for sharing about not hearing more until March.

Has anyone else made their online account?

Edited by Beth03

On 1/7/2019 at 2:47 PM, Beth03 said:

How did you make your account? I don’t remember receiving any emails about this. I’ve been super anxious about getting stuff in line as well so thanks for sharing about not hearing more until March.

Has anyone else made their online account?

Please follow the instructions below to get your email account activated

Once you have set up the UNE email, log out of the browser with any non UNE email and log back in using the new UNE email.

You can then complete the student survey form with your UNE credentials - it may take a couple of days to give you access to the google doc because someone has to add you. 

FIRST TIME UNE ACCOUNT ACCESS 
Your username/Nor'easter ID is the same username generated for you at the time you registered via the self-service portal. Your password is your birthday in the form of MMDDYY. 
If you do not know your username/Nor'easter ID: 
Visit U-Online: http://uonline.une.edu/ Select Lookup Your Nor'easter ID - this will require your SSN and DOB. You will be provided with your username (commonly referred to as your Nor'easter ID or UNE Student ID) and your 9-digit PRN number. Nor'easter ID/usernames will usually be your first initial followed by your last name. In the event that this username is already in use a numeral will be added, e.g. jblogs4. If you receive a message 'No Record Found', please contact the IT Help Desk toll free 1-877-518-4673 (24/7) 
• 
Step 1: Activate your email: Office 365 
• Visit the Office 365 log in page at http://outlook.com/une.edu Login with your email address and temporary password. 
0 Your User ID is your full UNE email address (your Nor'easter ID followed by @une.edu). o Temporary passwords are either your 6-digit date of birth (MMDDYY) or the last 6-digits of your PRN number. 
0 If you have any issues logging in, please contact the IT Help Desk toll free 1-877-518-4673 (24/7) 
• If you wish to forward your UNE e-mail to another account, you may do so by: 
o Once logged in to your Office 365 account, select Options in the top right corner. o Under Shortcuts to other things you can do, select Forward your e-mail. o Under Forwarding, enter the e-mail account you wish to forward your e-mail to. 

Step 2: Activate your other synchronized accounts: U-Online, Blackboard, MyUNE, etc Please note: The password used for your Office 365 email account is not connected to these additional accounts. You must complete this step to access your billing or grade information in U-Online. 
• Visit the Password Portal: http://password.une.edu
O Log in with your username/Nor'easter ID and temporary password. o Temporary passwords are either your 6-digit date of birth (MMDDYY) or the last 6-digits of your PRN number. 
. If you receive the message 'Invalid username or password' or you do not know your username/Nor'easter 
ID, please contact the IT Help Desk toll free 1-877-518-4673 (24/7) Follow the onscreen instructions to create your new password and set answers to the Password Challenge Response question. This will enable you to perform password self-resets in future at this site. Password Sync Status can be used to synchronize your password within all University systems. Click on the link within the password portal to synchronize your password. 

2 hours ago, Beth03 said:

Did you get an email about this or just find it online? Feeling a little worried that I have not heard anything other than receiving my deposit.

No worries! I was in the same boat. I actually emailed the lady from student housing because I wanted access to their resources, and she gave me instructions on how to set up my accounts 🙂 Jaclyn said that more info will go out in March!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2019 at 10:03 AM, piperPAC18 said:

hello everyone! I applied to University of new England back at the end of September and got an email that my application was under review about a week later but since then I have not heard anything. Is anyone in the same boat??

Hi! Same here. I'm curious how late their interviews go and how many open seats are left. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2018 at 8:24 PM, Sam207 said:

Hi all! I’ve never posted in the forum before, though I’ve read posts in the past. Im wondering if anyone has been invited to interview in November or December? I just got an invite to interview Dec 1st. Anyone else?

Also, I’m a local! Happy to help point people in the right directions if you have questions about the area!

Sam

Hi Sam. I am local to Maine as well. I am applying this year with 500 hours and 1 Chem class outstanding. I am assuming that most applicants have at least 2000 hours so I may have to apply again for 2020 but I was wondering, if you got in? I'm trying to connect with others in the program so I can know what I need to do to get in. I have spoke to Kate many times. I am on the older side and this is a 2nd career. I have a family so UNE is really my only option since I need to be close to home. My science GPA is  3.6. undergrad GPA from 20+ years ago 3.18. I will be getting a cert. in phelbotomy, able to work F/T starting in June, hope to gain at least 500 hours to apply by Sept. 15th.  I have Chem I and Chem II to take, taking Chem I this summer and Chem II in the fall. Let me know if you go in? Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, congrats to those accepted!! I am applying to UNE this cycle and am confused by their PA shadowing requirements. I’ve seen that they require 20 hours of PA shadowing in primary care, inpatient or outpatient setting. Would that include shadowing an emergency room PA?  Sorry if this is a stupid question, but the website and CASPA are kind of conflicting! Thanks in advance 🙂 

On 6/13/2019 at 4:43 PM, Kes1123 said:

Hi everyone, congrats to those accepted!! I am applying to UNE this cycle and am confused by their PA shadowing requirements. I’ve seen that they require 20 hours of PA shadowing in primary care, inpatient or outpatient setting. Would that include shadowing an emergency room PA?  Sorry if this is a stupid question, but the website and CASPA are kind of conflicting! Thanks in advance 🙂 

Hi, and thank you 🙂I'm pretty sure that shadowing an ER PA counts towards the shadow requirement. Just to be safe though, you could give the program a call at (207) 221-4225. However, I will say that shadowing another PA (especially in primary care) is a good idea anyway! Plus, it gives you more to talk about in your interview. Good luck!