2018-2019 Application Cycle

3 minutes ago, Hyrdt123 said:

Got an acceptance! Anyone know when the Facebook page will be created with all the accepted students?

Congrats!!! 

Would you mind sharing your stats? Also interview process? 

How long after you submitted did you receive interview email? 

I'm really hoping to hear from UNE, though I was a little late in applying. 

4 hours ago, Laedya said:

I am not sure if they asked really specific medical questions, it seems everyone got different questions during the interviews. They give us several months to make a decision so you'll probably have time to interview with other schools if that's what you want to do! 

Good to know! Thanks!

On 9/22/2018 at 6:57 AM, Laedya said:

I got my acceptance call and email on Thursday! So excited! 

The interview was really low-stress, the first year students were very helpful with whatever questions I had and the interviewers were kind and (tried) to put me at ease during the actual interview questions. Put extra time into knowing your experiences and life story really well - I know that sounds weird but some people get stuck on questions that are more open-ended about themselves. Really and truly, be yourself and try not to be a robot during the interview! They want to get to know who YOU are as a person, not just how much medical stuff you know. Dress professionally and wear comfortable shoes (lol, I had the WORST blisters after the tour). Otherwise, enjoy the interview day because it's over in a flash! Good luck to you all! 

My name is Jasmine, and I'm interviewing on 10/13 ? 

I'm so glad to know that the interview was low-stress! Congrats and thanks for your take on the interviewing process.

However, I'm super curious about the "writing sample." I'm a decent writer, but I tend to not do well on timed writing tests. Could you maybe tell us a little more about the writing sample? Is it a timed essay?

2 hours ago, JasminePA said:

I'm so glad to know that the interview was low-stress! Congrats and thanks for your take on the interviewing process.

However, I'm super curious about the "writing sample." I'm a decent writer, but I tend to not do well on timed writing tests. Could you maybe tell us a little more about the writing sample? Is it a timed essay?

Hey Jasmine! Congrats on the interview! I’m interviewing that day as well and look forward to meeting you. Will you be attending the social on Friday?

52 minutes ago, K8itlin said:

Hey Jasmine! Congrats on the interview! I’m interviewing that day as well and look forward to meeting you. Will you be attending the social on Friday?

Hey, there! Thanks, you too ? Yes, I should be attending the social. However, I'm flying standby from Montana which can be a bit dodgy haha I tried to give myself a buffer though. 

Where are you coming from? We'll have to to meet up at the social. 

1 hour ago, JasminePA said:

Hey, there! Thanks, you too ? Yes, I should be attending the social. However, I'm flying standby from Montana which can be a bit dodgy haha I tried to give myself a buffer though. 

Where are you coming from? We'll have to to meet up at the social. 

Oh nice! Small world. I was living in MT up until the end of July. I was in Bozeman for about 2 years. Where do you live? I’m currently living in New Mexico, so that’s where I’ll be flying from!

17 hours ago, K8itlin said:

Oh nice! Small world. I was living in MT up until the end of July. I was in Bozeman for about 2 years. Where do you live? I’m currently living in New Mexico, so that’s where I’ll be flying from!

Oh, no way! I live in Missoula, but I was just in Bozeman a couple weeks ago. I'm gonna shoot you a message so we don't bore everyone haha

Does anyone know anything about the writing sample? 

Hello everyone,
My name is Aaron and this is the first time ever posting on the forum, I have been following this thread since I applied to this program. I was hoping that one day I could post here too like many of you that did, I am beyond ecstatic that today I received an email inviting me to interview with UNE on 10/13. This is a great school and I am really excited about this opportunity. Good luck to all that are still waiting to get an invitation and those waiting to hear back after their interviews, congratulations to those that were already accepted.
-Aaron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, samuaron said:

Hello everyone,
My name is Aaron and this is the first time ever posting on the forum, I have been following this thread since I applied to this program. I was hoping that one day I could post here too like many of you that did, I am beyond ecstatic that today I received an email inviting me to interview with UNE on 10/13. This is a great school and I am really excited about this opportunity. Good luck to all that are still waiting to get an invitation and those waiting to hear back after their interviews, congratulations to those that were already accepted.
-Aaron.

Congrats Aaron!!! ?

7 hours ago, Amy2011 said:

Congrats!!!

That's a great news. 

Would you mind sharing your stats? 

How long after you submitted your application you received an email? 

Does anyone know till what month they send out interview emails? 

Thank you 

Hi Amy,

Thank you. These are my stats,

Submitted CASPA application - 05/15/2018

Application went under review 08/30

Invited to interview -09/28/2018.

cGPA - 3.54

BCP - 3.74

HCE - working as a Rad tech for 6 years

Volunteer work - International since 2005

PA shadow hours - 1040hrs (As of 6/11/2018).

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

8 hours ago, samuaron said:

Hi Amy,

Thank you. These are my stats,

Submitted CASPA application - 05/15/2018

Application went under review 08/30

Invited to interview -09/28/2018.

cGPA - 3.54

BCP - 3.74

HCE - working as a Rad tech for 6 years

Volunteer work - International since 2005

PA shadow hours - 1040hrs (As of 6/11/2018).

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Thank you. 

On 9/28/2018 at 5:24 PM, samuaron said:

Hello everyone,
-Aaron.

Congratulations and good luck ! I am still in wait and see boat ??

On 10/6/2018 at 10:05 AM, seshowalter said:

Hey everyone! 

This is my first time posting on this forum. I was fortunate enough to get an invitation for an interview on the 13th! I was planning on going to the social event the night before, I saw possibly a couple of you were also going? 

Hello!

First time posting. I will be interviewing on Oct 13th, and I will be there at the social event the night before. Curious, is anyone bringing a plus one for the social?

I will be flying out from California, and taking a train from Boston to Maine; this will be my first time in both states. I am really excited to have this opportunity.

I look forward to meeting you guys. And congrats!

- Steph

On 10/6/2018 at 11:05 AM, seshowalter said:

Hey everyone! 

This is my first time posting on this forum. I was fortunate enough to get an invitation for an interview on the 13th! I was planning on going to the social event the night before, I saw possibly a couple of you were also going? 

12 hours ago, swong said:

Hello!

First time posting. I will be interviewing on Oct 13th, and I will be there at the social event the night before. Curious, is anyone bringing a plus one for the social?

I will be flying out from California, and taking a train from Boston to Maine; this will be my first time in both states. I am really excited to have this opportunity.

I look forward to meeting you guys. And congrats!

- Steph

K8itlin and I are going to the social on Friday night. I don't think either of us is bringing another person - both of us are travelling alone. UNE said you were welcome to bring someone though! I don't see anything wrong with that. 

It'll be great to meet you guys!

On 9/25/2018 at 1:27 PM, JasminePA said:

Hello! Congratulations on getting an interview invite! The writing sample is timed (I think it was about 25mins) although I can't tell you exactly what they asked, make sure you know a good amount about your resume in general, your personal story/experiences and about the differences between health care professions (PA vs MD vs NP) to be safe. Make sure your handwriting is legible and grammar is correct! Good luck!