2018-2019 Application Cycle

11 hours ago, brittanylee said:

Just wondering how many people interviewing this weekend are planning to be at the meet and greet tomorrow? 

I plan to be there, I've been told it is kind of like an "unofficial interview". It's a more relaxed environment to be able to mingle and people get a feel for you in a not so stuffy/ high strung state like the interviews will be.

Received an interview invite for Oct 13!

Applied to UNE in CASPA Aug 23

UNE confirmation email Aug 24

Interview Invite E-mail Sept 20

cGPA 3.81

sGPA 3.74

PCE hours 1300+ (CNA)

Shadowing hours 32

If anyone from the recent September interviews has any helpful info regarding the interview style or how the whole day went that would be awesome! Let us know when they send out acceptance emails, too! I’m interested to see what the turn around time is for their final decision. Good luck to everyone!!

6 hours ago, K8itlin said:

Received an interview invite for Oct 13!

Applied to UNE in CASPA Aug 23

UNE confirmation email Aug 24

Interview Invite E-mail Sept 20

cGPA 3.81

sGPA 3.74

PCE hours 1300+ (CNA)

Shadowing hours 32

If anyone from the recent September interviews has any helpful info regarding the interview style or how the whole day went that would be awesome! Let us know when they send out acceptance emails, too! I’m interested to see what the turn around time is for their final decision. Good luck to everyone!!

Congratulations! When did they send you this invitation? 

1 hour ago, mikejeffe said:

Hey All

I also received an acceptance call and email today! Super excited about UNE

4 hours ago, BHau23 said:

I received an acceptance call and email today! ? 

Congrats to you both! How long do they give you to decide whether you’re going to accept the offer?

Edited by K8itlin

I got my acceptance call and email on Thursday! So excited! 

The interview was really low-stress, the first year students were very helpful with whatever questions I had and the interviewers were kind and (tried) to put me at ease during the actual interview questions. Put extra time into knowing your experiences and life story really well - I know that sounds weird but some people get stuck on questions that are more open-ended about themselves. Really and truly, be yourself and try not to be a robot during the interview! They want to get to know who YOU are as a person, not just how much medical stuff you know. Dress professionally and wear comfortable shoes (lol, I had the WORST blisters after the tour). Otherwise, enjoy the interview day because it's over in a flash! Good luck to you all! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Laedya said:

The interview was really low-stress, the first year students were very helpful with whatever questions I had and the interviewers were kind and (tried) to put me at ease during the actual interview questions. Put extra time into knowing your experiences and life story really well - I know that sounds weird but some people get stuck on questions that are more open-ended about themselves. Really and truly, be yourself and try not to be a robot during the interview! They want to get to know who YOU are as a person, not just how much medical stuff you know. Dress professionally and wear comfortable shoes (lol, I had the WORST blisters after the tour). Otherwise, enjoy the interview day because it's over in a flash! Good luck to you all! 

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your experience with us ! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Laedya said:

Congrats!! That’s so exciting! Do they also ask medical-heavy questions?? And how long do they give you to Inform them of your decision to accept/decline?

Edited by K8itlin

On 9/22/2018 at 1:08 PM, K8itlin said:

Congrats!! That’s so exciting! Do they also ask medical-heavy questions?? And how long do they give you to Inform them of your decision to accept/decline?

I am not sure if they asked really specific medical questions, it seems everyone got different questions during the interviews. They give us several months to make a decision so you'll probably have time to interview with other schools if that's what you want to do!