2018-2019 Application Cycle

Hi everyone, 

I noticed that this board is active and was hoping for some input from you all. I was inquiring about UNE's PA program but I can't get feedback from the school because apparently they are too busy at the moment, understandable. On the website, the prereqs appear to be Gen Bio 1 and Gen Chem 1, is this all that is required for Biology and Chemistry courses? I have taken both but nothing past them. Also, I have to get my healthcare hours in somehow and was hoping CNA would be sufficient enough, I am in Bangor and the hospitals are hiring so that shouldn't be an issue.

I'm sorry this isn't an update because I know how nerve racking this is for many but I would appreciate any feedback because I'm getting nowhere with the school and I'm almost 40 so time is of the essence! :)

Thank you!

17 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Hi everyone, 

I noticed that this board is active and was hoping for some input from you all. I was inquiring about UNE's PA program but I can't get feedback from the school because apparently they are too busy at the moment, understandable. On the website, the prereqs appear to be Gen Bio 1 and Gen Chem 1, is this all that is required for Biology and Chemistry courses? I have taken both but nothing past them. Also, I have to get my healthcare hours in somehow and was hoping CNA would be sufficient enough, I am in Bangor and the hospitals are hiring so that shouldn't be an issue.

I'm sorry this isn't an update because I know how nerve racking this is for many but I would appreciate any feedback because I'm getting nowhere with the school and I'm almost 40 so time is of the essence! ?

Thank you!

I posted letter from them with full list of prerequisites for UNE . Look above for my letter. I also worked as CNA ( PCT/MST) for 5 years and every school I asked said this is acceptable HCE. 

Hopefully it helps . 

On 8/5/2018 at 1:14 PM, YGrabo said:

I got this email on7/2 and nothing after this :

One thing I am not understanding I only registered for a bio 2 and will be taking it in the fall . 

But they already considering it compleat ?‍♀️ ? Could be that they count microbiology  for bio 2? 

Dear Yuliya,

Thank you for your interest in the University of New England and submitting your application through CASPA.

Your completed application has been given to the Physician Assistant Admissions Committee for review. Please look forward to receiving a communication from us during the admissions cycle.

Courses through the fall 2018 semester need to be submitted via CASPA. Thereafter, official transcripts need to be submitted to the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions at the address in my signature. Below is a checklist of prerequisite coursework received by the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions as of today. If the line  'Prerequisite Coursework Completed’ indicates ‘Yes’, you have completed the necessary prerequisite coursework. If ‘Prerequisite Coursework Completed’ indicates ‘No’, please scroll down to see which course(s) you are missing. Please note that planned coursework for the fall will not be indicated as complete until official grades are received via CASPA during the academic update period. Coursework taken in the spring semester needs to be indicated as complete via official transcripts to the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions.

If there is a course you believe qualifies as a course indicated as not complete below, please send me the following documentation. Once these pieces are received, your request will be forwarded to the admissions committee.

1. Course title and description

2. Syllabi for the course in question

3. Link to the institution’s course catalog for verification.

Prerequisite Coursework Complete: Yes

Biology I w/lab: Yes

Biology II w/lab: Yes

Chemistry I w/lab:Yes

Chemistry II w/lab: Yes

Anatomy & Physiology I w/lab: Yes

Anatomy & Physiology II w/lab: Yes

Psych/Soc/Behavioral Science I:Yes

Pysch/Soc/Behavioral Science II: Yes

English I: Yes

English II: Yes

Statistics: Yes

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Totally possible they counted micro! I contacted them before the cycle opened because their website states only 3 credits of AP would count to fulfill a requirement, and my english was totally covered by AP. They said any writing intensive course would satisfy it and when I asked if I could send them a syllabus or something as proof they said no need. My prereq email was all "yes" too so they must be really good about subbing pre-reqs. 

I'm really hoping we hear any day now too!! Based on last year!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whitecoatrosegold said:

Totally possible they counted micro! I contacted them before the cycle opened because their website states only 3 credits of AP would count to fulfill a requirement, and my english was totally covered by AP. They said any writing intensive course would satisfy it and when I asked if I could send them a syllabus or something as proof they said no need. My prereq email was all "yes" too so they must be really good about subbing pre-reqs. 

I'm really hoping we hear any day now too!! Based on last year!

Same! I keep refreshing my email every minute haha!

• Like 2