2018-2019 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone . Just submitted (6/19/18) my application to UNE. Best of luck everyone.

Confirmation email - 6/21/18

Yesterday I got this email :

“Thank you for submitting your application to the University of New England's M.S Physician Assistant program. Currently, your application is incomplete. Your application does not document a minimum of 20 completed hours of PA Shadowing. Once you have completed a minimum of 20 hours of PA shadowing please update this section accordingly and email .  Your application will be placed on hold until we hear from you.”

Did anyone get the same ? I add my shadowing hr. and emailed her letters from PAs I shadowed. I hope this is not a deal breaker. 

Edited by YGrabo

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2018 at 10:12 PM, YGrabo said:

Hi everyone . Just submitted (6/19/18) my application to UNE. Best of luck everyone.

Confirmation email - 6/21/18

Yesterday I got this email :

“Thank you for submitting your application to the University of New England's M.S Physician Assistant program. Currently, your application is incomplete. Your application does not document a minimum of 20 completed hours of PA Shadowing. Once you have completed a minimum of 20 hours of PA shadowing please update this section accordingly and email .  Your application will be placed on hold until we hear from you.”

Did anyone get the same ? I add my shadowing hr. and emailed her letters from PAs I shadowed. I hope this is not a deal breaker. 

I didn't, I got an email telling me all the prerequisites were completed. Did you get this resolved? I image a letter from the PAs would prove you shadowed. It could have been a mistake too, a few schools have had some hiccups in their automated email system.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, whitecoatrosegold said:

I didn't, I got an email telling me all the prerequisites were completed. Did you get this resolved? I image a letter from the PAs would prove you shadowed. It could have been a mistake too, a few schools have had some hiccups in their automated email system.

I emailed school directly as well as updated my CASPA for shadowing . I have 80+ hr of shadowing . 

On 6/30/2018 at 11:31 AM, whitecoatrosegold said:

I emailed school directly as well as updated my CASPA for shadowing . I have 80+ hr of shadowing . 

Finally got email that all my prerequisites are complete and it is under review! Yeah ! 

Happy 4th everyone ! ??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2018 at 11:22 AM, hkstacky said:

Has anyone heard anything about when they will be starting interviews??

Nothing yet, but their website says, "Campus interview sessions will be held September through January as needed, and by invitation only." I'd imagine they will start offering interview seats sometime in August. It was the first/second week of August last year so VERY soon if they follow the same timeline! 

I got this email on7/2 and nothing after this :

One thing I am not understanding I only registered for a bio 2 and will be taking it in the fall . 

But they already considering it compleat ?‍♀️ ? Could be that they count microbiology  for bio 2? 

Dear Yuliya,

Thank you for your interest in the University of New England and submitting your application through CASPA.

Your completed application has been given to the Physician Assistant Admissions Committee for review. Please look forward to receiving a communication from us during the admissions cycle.

Courses through the fall 2018 semester need to be submitted via CASPA. Thereafter, official transcripts need to be submitted to the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions at the address in my signature. Below is a checklist of prerequisite coursework received by the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions as of today. If the line  'Prerequisite Coursework Completed’ indicates ‘Yes’, you have completed the necessary prerequisite coursework. If ‘Prerequisite Coursework Completed’ indicates ‘No’, please scroll down to see which course(s) you are missing. Please note that planned coursework for the fall will not be indicated as complete until official grades are received via CASPA during the academic update period. Coursework taken in the spring semester needs to be indicated as complete via official transcripts to the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions.

If there is a course you believe qualifies as a course indicated as not complete below, please send me the following documentation. Once these pieces are received, your request will be forwarded to the admissions committee.

1. Course title and description

2. Syllabi for the course in question

3. Link to the institution’s course catalog for verification.

Prerequisite Coursework Complete: Yes

Biology I w/lab: Yes

Biology II w/lab: Yes

Chemistry I w/lab:Yes

Chemistry II w/lab: Yes

Anatomy & Physiology I w/lab: Yes

Anatomy & Physiology II w/lab: Yes

Psych/Soc/Behavioral Science I:Yes

Pysch/Soc/Behavioral Science II: Yes

English I: Yes

English II: Yes

Statistics: Yes

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.