UTSW 2018-2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, PAgirl20 said:

Did you guys receive another "application under review" email after the email with you login info? The last email I received was with my login info and I just want to make sure my application isn't missing something

The only other email I received was about financial aid, that my social sec. number was required if I was planning on applying for funds.

My understanding is that once you complete whatever is on your to-do list on the self-service website, it's just a matter of being patient until they decide on interviews. ?

1 minute ago, GBFuturePA said:

I was offered to interview Sept 14/15! But I interview somewhere else that day. Is anyone else interviewing in October?

You can maybe ask to interview in October instead... I've heard a lot of schools are understanding about that so it may be worth a shot!

On 8/18/2018 at 1:28 PM, futurepa333 said:

For those of you who received interviews- what were your GPA/GRE/PCE?

My stats are GPA3.63, sGPA: 3.66, GRE Quant: 51%, Verbal: 86%, writing: 3.5, patient-care hours: 1100, healthcare hours: 1800.

2 hours ago, Jennifer01 said:

For the meet and greet and the interview attire do you think that the meet and greet is a no jacket occasion and then the actual interview is, of course, skirt/pant suit?

It says "business'" casual for the "meet and greet". I am wearing slacks and a nice blouse with flats - no jacket. 

Then for the interview obviously a suit.

25 minutes ago, PAgirl20 said:

I received an interview for 9/15 but I've already committed to interviewing elsewhere that day- should I call them and give them this reason when I ask for an october date? or would they look down on this? 

I would maybe say you have prior conflicts on that day (or something along those lines) and you would still love the opportunity to interview in October if possible 

Hello Everyone. I am new to this forum and wanted to join the conversation.

I recently graduated from UT in Texas (May 2018). My CASPA was verified on May 23rd and I had a CASPA GPA of 3.8 cumulative and 3.9 science. My degree was exercise science with a minor in chemistry. I even took Ochem 2, physics and Biochems as I was originally pre medical. My GRE was a 145 verbal and a 152 quant, I have over 2'000 ours HCE and also 200 hours of internships at major hospitals in Texas. Only around 100 hours in volunteer work and a year of leadership while at school. I also had Chiefs of hospitals write me letters of recommendation, stating in those letters they would love to hire me one day even! I was shocked when reading them myself. I have gotten no interview invitations from UTSW and am slightly devastated. I worked my butt off for that GPA while pulling night shifts as a scribe for 3 years. I know everyone here worked so hard and I am proud of everyone who is interviewing and one step closer to their dreams, Congratulations. I just have no idea why I am not getting any interview. If I have to apply again next cycle, the only thing I could strengthen is maybe my GRE score and volunteer work. I am not sure what is going on. Do I still have a shot and will I get a rejection letter eventually or is it the silent rejection?

Thank you all - Mike

2 hours ago, MikeT said:

Hello Everyone. I am new to this forum and wanted to join the conversation.

I recently graduated from UT in Texas (May 2018). My CASPA was verified on May 23rd and I had a CASPA GPA of 3.8 cumulative and 3.9 science. My degree was exercise science with a minor in chemistry. I even took Ochem 2, physics and Biochems as I was originally pre medical. My GRE was a 145 verbal and a 152 quant, I have over 2'000 ours HCE and also 200 hours of internships at major hospitals in Texas. Only around 100 hours in volunteer work and a year of leadership while at school. I also had Chiefs of hospitals write me letters of recommendation, stating in those letters they would love to hire me one day even! I was shocked when reading them myself. I have gotten no interview invitations from UTSW and am slightly devastated. I worked my butt off for that GPA while pulling night shifts as a scribe for 3 years. I know everyone here worked so hard and I am proud of everyone who is interviewing and one step closer to their dreams, Congratulations. I just have no idea why I am not getting any interview. If I have to apply again next cycle, the only thing I could strengthen is maybe my GRE score and volunteer work. I am not sure what is going on. Do I still have a shot and will I get a rejection letter eventually or is it the silent rejection?

Thank you all - Mike

Quick question..did you only apply to UTSW? 

8 minutes ago, aspiring__PA said:

I recommend retaking your GRE. A lot of the schools prefer a score of 300 as a minimum 

That was the only thing i could think off and apply again next year. But there are numerous people on here with lower GRE scores and/or the same GPAs or lower that have interviews. Sometimes, we just don't understand it all. They notify by email right? I have checked span 1000 times. lol

1 minute ago, MikeT said:

That was the only thing i could think off and apply again next year. But there are numerous people on here with lower GRE scores and/or the same GPAs or lower that have interviews. Sometimes, we just don't understand it all. They notify by email right? I have checked span 1000 times. lol

Yeah, my stats are very similar to yours and I got an interview... If you haven't heard anything I would maybe contact them and ask what is holding your application back so that way you at least know something 

Archived