2018-2019 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, AKJustinS said:

Hi Jenny, My wife is graduating on Friday from Anchorage Class 8 so if you have specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask. She doesn't mind helping out and is looking at tutoring Students in Class 10 right now. I can help with the generic questions since I've gone thru this with her and will be applying myself in 2021. 

I would greatly appreciate that. It might be nice to get an idea how the interviews are set up and what to expect, and maybe get a little understanding on how the program goes once you are accepted (in hopes I get in). Congrats to her, it has to be a relief to finally be done with this next step in schooling. 

Hey everybody name is Ian, hope applications are going well. I am currently in Tacoma Class 6. If anybody has any questions let me know, I'd love to help out best I can. First round of interviews will be in October, and they'll notify you of an invite about a month before the interviews. Again, please feel free to reach out and ask questions. Best of luck!

• Upvote 3

This info might be helpful to some others! I recently got an email saying I needed to get my transcript for my summer class to them before Sept 1. I finished that class this week and my school advises us to prepare for 3 weeks to send the transcript over so I asked if that would be okay and got this in response,

"Thank you for your email. If the class will be complete prior to September 1st, your updated summer transcript can arrive shortly after the deadline. I would encourage you to request your transcript as soon as it is available, as we will begin interviewing in September. Once we begin interviewing, we will accept students on a rolling basis, rather than waiting for all the interviews to conclude. It is advantageous to submit the transcript as close to September 1st as possible (by October 1 at the latest), as this can help get an earlier interview while there are still more open seats."

I know this is not very specific, but I did not know this info so wanted to share it on here with others in case you guys did not know how it worked either! ? Btw I got my transcript to them yesterday so we all good haha

Edited by nataliet7
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!  I'm a Seattle 2018 graduate.  I thought I'd pop in here and see if I can answer any questions you might have?  There were previous Medex students that did the same for me 3 years ago, so I'm paying it forward.  After browsing this thread, I can say there are usually at least one interview a month from late September through Jan/Feb for Seattle.  The last interview is for applicants for all sites, but I think they are still interviewing you for a specific site only.  They will continue to send out interview invitations all Fall/Winter, so you could get a Jan interview even if you applied in May.  Don't give up too soon!  Also, meeting up the day before the interview to mingle and find people to attach to doing the interview day is a great idea.  I think they watch you interact with people all day, and that is easier if you have "friends".  Remember, the whole day is an interview... interact and show them your personality.  They want to make a cohort that gets along well.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 8/29/2018 at 7:18 AM, SW2PA said:

I hope Tacoma starts sending out invites soon! I applied for Tacoma #1 and Seattle as #2. Though in past years they don’t send out invites until oct. I can’t wait that long!

Tacoma will do their first round in October, and another in December I believe. I received my invite to interview 1 month before the October 21st interview. So expect it this month at some point if you're selected for the first round.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SW2PA said:

Just got an invite for Oct 13th for the Tacoma campus!!!!!!!

36 minutes ago, SW2PA said:

I am local. I live just up the hill from campus so it’s obviously my top choice since it’s so close and such a good program. 

I just got the same invite! I will be driving up from Vancouver, WA the night before. Does anyone want to meet up on Friday before the interview?

• Upvote 1