2018-2019 Cycle

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:06 PM, CChyrful said:

Just submitted my deposit for Wake Forest (deadline is 2 weeks after receiving acceptance letter). Interviewed on 12/05, received call from Elise on 12/18. 🙂 I guess I'll be moving to NC in May! Good luck everyone!

@CChyrful Congratulations! I just got my acceptance call today! I'm having difficulty finding my admissions decision on the Student Portal / where to pay my deposit. Could you help me out with this?

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted! To those on the wait list, don't give up hope! I'm in the class of 2020 and people were still being accepted in March. 

I wanted to plug the Facebook groups for each respective campus. Being on the group last year was super helpful for getting in touch with my future classmates and most importantly, finding roommates. I'm a Boone student and we have a unique situation up here: Unit 1 in completed in Winston-Salem and you'll be staying on the Wake undergrad campus during this time, but as soon as that month is over you have a weekend to come back to Boone and get ready for Unit 2. The apartments here in Boone mostly rent from August-August to accommodate Appalachian State University undergrads, which makes it challenging to find a place to move into by July 1. Luckily, there are a bunch of apartments that current PA students live in that we'd love to pass down to the incoming class! This is what I did - we moved in to our apartment just before Unit 1 started, went down the mountain and lived on the Wake campus for a month (no charge), then when it was time to come back we were already settled in here.  It's a little contrived, but much easier than subleasing an apartment for the month of July and then having to move again in August (meaning you've effectively moved 3 times). 

So, here are the links to the Facebook groups. Join! Ask questions! We're all stoked for you and want to help out in any way we can. 

Boone: https://www.facebook.com/groups/282142059080031/

Winston: https://www.facebook.com/groups/112925009621790/members/

5 hours ago, eeb67 said:

No she did not! I wish I would have thought to ask that.

I'll be calling Monday to find out my spot and would be happy to ask Elise about this, I'll post here after I find out!

Does anyone have any insight into the movement of the waitlist from previous years? Or any other information about it in general?

12 hours ago, marleepa said:

I'll be calling Monday to find out my spot and would be happy to ask Elise about this, I'll post here after I find out!

Does anyone have any insight into the movement of the waitlist from previous years? Or any other information about it in general?

I read the thread from the previous cycle and it seems like the waitlist moves very dynamically. Some days it doesn't move at all and other days it moves by 3-5 students. I also read people were hearing back at the end of March and as early as early/mid February.

19 minutes ago, AEM59681 said:

Did they give you an exact number for your position on the waitlist?

Elise gave me a general area, top third! She also said we have two weeks to accept or decline the offer unless it is closer to the start of the semester then we will have less than two weeks. She said there are about 150 people on the wait list. 

11 minutes ago, TaylorASU2017 said:

Does anyone know if they have started calling people off the waitlist yet? 

They sent out the decisions for the last interview on the 24th, that group has until this Wednesday to accept/decline. Im assuming that they are waiting for their responses before calling people off the waitlist

7 hours ago, diggy18 said:

I’m in the middle third (50-100) and she did not tell me about the two weeks to accept or decline sooooooooooo 

I like Wake Forest a lot so I’ll keep my hat in the ring, but I’m also really happy with a school I’ve been accepted too. 

I specifically asked because I am going to be on a mission trip for two weeks in early March and did not want to get the call while I was away and not be able to accept the seat!

I emailed Elise to find out my standpoint and I am also in the middle third. Wake Forest is my top choice so I am feeling a little discouraged. I also asked when they typically start to get pulled from the waitlist and she just said if anyone gets pulled they will call us, not really a timeline though. Hopes this helps other people

Archived