2018-2019 Cycle

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if wake forest will accept medical terminology as a pass/fail class? I was able to attach the class to my caspa application and I have received a supplemental application. However, I don't know how to enter a pass/fail class into the prerequisite section of the supplemental application.  

Edited by bigred12

On 7/7/2018 at 7:43 PM, tarheel1008 said:

Did you guys answer every single question in the supplemental app? I feel uncomfortable answering one or two of the questions, as I feel like I do not have an adequate, significant experience (ex: overcoming significant adversity/ significant personal growth) to write about... and I feel like by answering it I would just be playing up a non-significant experience that the admissions committee would roll their eyes at... thoughts?

I answered all of them.  If you don't have a significant one then maybe you could express that and then discuss a minor event?  That's just an idea, please take it with a grain of salt. 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyLAX9 said:

My application got verified on July 6th but I haven't heard from Wake Forest yet about a supplemental application. Should I contact them? How long was it until Wake Forest got back to y'all?

My CASPA was verified on 6/22 and I received their email with the supplemental application on 6/28!

On the supplemental application, there is an area to submit "updated hours".... I am just wondering if this is necessary if I have already submitted hours through CASPA. If it is recommended/ required, are they looking for specific documentation of hours in the form of a pay stub? Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, mxray said:

For those that have completed the supplemental application, did you put actual numerical grades in for your prerequisites or did you leave it blank?

I was unable to move forward leaving them blank. I spoke with someone - she said if you got an A,  input a 4.0 for number grade! 3.0 for B, 3.3 for B+, etc!

For a few people who has not recieved a supplemental application, one of the admissions personnel was not in the office this week. I called today to ask about the supplemental application, since I had not recieved one, and her voicemail said she returns the 16th of July and has been gone since the 6th or 9th. 

18 hours ago, ERPA19 said:

For a few people who has not recieved a supplemental application, one of the admissions personnel was not in the office this week. I called today to ask about the supplemental application, since I had not recieved one, and her voicemail said she returns the 16th of July and has been gone since the 6th or 9th. 

Good to know! Thank you for sharing. My CASPA app was verified July 6 and I’m still waiting. 

Hello!  I'm applying next cycle (in a gap year now) and Wake is my top choice.  I was wondering about the biochem prerequisite and what you guys took for that.  The website says, "a survey or combined course will not meet this requirement." I took an introductory biochem course (400 level though) in undergrad and I'm wondering if I need to take an additional upper level biochem?

Thanks and good luck to you all!!

On 7/13/2018 at 3:45 PM, ERPA19 said:

Oh that's good to know... I just sent her an email so hopefully I'll hear back soon. I hope it doesn't come across as being too pushy ?