2018-2019 Application Cycle

On 8/21/2018 at 4:53 PM, shazel06 said:

I received an interview invite today! It's for November 30th. Anyone else interviewing on this day? So excited! ? They called to notify me, then emailed me the information.

I submitted via CASPA on 08/11/2018, received an email from Jefferson College stating my application was complete on 08/20/2018, and received interview invite on 08/21/2018.

My overall cumulative GPA isn't that great- it's a 3.23. But I've taken 50 credit hours postbac, with a 3.86 GPA.

I have approx. 4,500 direct patient care hours (first responder, EMT, phlebotomist, and clinical research coordinator).

GRE = 321, 4.5 writing

I just accepted an interview for the 30th today! I'm in the morning one.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:38 PM, Sinnn said:

Congratulations on the interview invite! Just out of curiosity when you say they emailed you that your application was complete was that the email where they tell you to create a self portal account? Thank you!  

I have mine on the 30th as well! I am in the afternoon session. Let me know if you would like to meet up before.

On 8/21/2018 at 9:38 PM, Sinnn said:

Congratulations on the interview invite! Just out of curiosity when you say they emailed you that your application was complete was that the email where they tell you to create a self portal account? Thank you!  

@Sinnn Thank you! Yes, the information to create a self portal account was in the same email.

Hi everyone, 

I'm suppose to attend an interview this friday but with the storm and the offer they gave us to interview another date, I'm torn on what to do.  I'm driving to the interview and would have to go right through the hurricane on my way home. This makes me lean towards interviewing on the makeup date but I'm nervous switching my date will put me at a disadvantage or they won't think I'm as dedicated as those who end up attending. For those who have interviews on friday what are you planning on doing? Does anyone think attending on the makeup date will be held against me or put me at a disadvantage?  Thanks!

24 minutes ago, RAS87 said:

Hi everyone, 

I'm suppose to attend an interview this friday but with the storm and the offer they gave us to interview another date, I'm torn on what to do.  I'm driving to the interview and would have to go right through the hurricane on my way home. This makes me lean towards interviewing on the makeup date but I'm nervous switching my date will put me at a disadvantage or they won't think I'm as dedicated as those who end up attending. For those who have interviews on friday what are you planning on doing? Does anyone think attending on the makeup date will be held against me or put me at a disadvantage?  Thanks!

I'm rescheduling for the 2nd too! I'm flying in and I don't want to risk the flight being delayed or cancelled last minute and missing the date. I don't think that they will put you at a disadvantage; it's for your safety. 

2 hours ago, RAS87 said:

Hi everyone, 

I feel similarly, I wish we had more accurate information on the hurricane so I could better gauge my travel. I would say follow your gut and know that you have options and that is a good thing. Safety is always of utmost importance. Good luck either way!!

Yeah, I am supposed to be there on Friday as well. We have two days to see how the hurricane will be tracking. It event states in the email "This should not impact our consideration of you for our Class of 2021". Safety is key here. Going to decide tomorrow if I want to change it or not. 

RAS are you driving on north from the Carolinas? I am trying to drive in from Northern Virginia. Not sure how I feel about the possibility of the floodings.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2018 at 1:53 PM, shazel06 said:

I received an interview invite today! It's for November 30th. Anyone else interviewing on this day? So excited! ? They called to notify me, then emailed me the information.

I submitted via CASPA on 08/11/2018, received an email from Jefferson College stating my application was complete on 08/20/2018, and received interview invite on 08/21/2018.

My overall cumulative GPA isn't that great- it's a 3.23. But I've taken 50 credit hours postbac, with a 3.86 GPA.

I have approx. 4,500 direct patient care hours (first responder, EMT, phlebotomist, and clinical research coordinator).

GRE = 321, 4.5 writing

What number did they call from? 

On 8/14/2018 at 2:13 PM, itslinds said:

I received the email about the portal as well. For my application status it says “complete w/o final” with the date I submitted my application which was in June. I haven’t received a phone call or an email about an interview or anything either. 

My application status says the same and I have not heard anything else yet either. Did you ever hear or figure out if there was something else that needed to be done?