FLORIDA: Barry University PA Program 2018-2019 Cycle

@dgeddam The interview process overall was very relaxed. The individual interview was super quick. The types of questions asked were "Why Barry" "How do you like to learn," etc. The group interview consisted of ethical type questions..I would look over biomedical ethics to help you approach these types of questions effectively. Don't worry at all, it was a long day but the faculty were all extremely compassionate. Just be yourself! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Received an invite for 10/26

Anybody else going that date? Should I look over and health care type questions? Ethical meaning how you would handle a situation? 

3 hours ago, CJ1992 said:

Anybody else going that date? Should I look over and health care type questions? Ethical meaning how you would handle a situation? 

I just got the email today and will be interviewing that day! 

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2018 at 9:08 PM, Ashlynbe said:

I just got the email today and will be interviewing that day! 

Congrats! When did you apply if you don't mind me asking? 

Edited by FuturePA305

Can anyone share how long between the email stating “your app is awaiting committee review” to getting an invite for interviews or any other follow-up?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, whitesocks said:

Can anyone share how long between the email stating “your app is awaiting committee review” to getting an invite for interviews or any other follow-up?

Thanks! emoji5.png

For me, I applied and was verified by June 15th and I just got an interview invite last week for the St. Pete campus. I have had no other communication until recently. 

Does anyone know if Barry St Pete campus offers interviews through a certain month or how many more interview dates they have left? 

I know I applied a little late (mid August) so I’m just trying to figure out if I might hear anything... 

thanks in advance!! 

On 10/15/2018 at 5:26 PM, CJ1992 said:

I will be interviewing at the Miami campus on 10/26!

I interviewed 10/12 and got an email this morning offering me acceptance to the Miami campus. I’ll be declining since I’ve been accepted to another program, so hopefully that’ll open up a seat for someone else. Good luck everyone!

Guest SuperAgonist
On 10/15/2018 at 5:26 PM, CJ1992 said:

Also interviewing that date, at the St. Pete campus 

I’ll be there as well.

Examples of ethical questions from the “Ultimate guide to getting into PA school”

1. “Do you believe all individuals have a right to health care in this country?”

2. “Tell me about a time when you had to handle an ethical dilemma?”

3. “What would you do if you knew your supervising physician was committing Medicare fraud by overbilling for his services?”

I interviewed on 10/12 and received an email today saying I was accepted to the Miami campus!! Good luck to everyone interviewing this Friday.

• Like 1

I also interviewed on 10/12 and received my acceptance yesterday for the Miami campus! ? I still have 2 more interviews in the next couple of weeks so we'll see how those go, but I'm more likely to choose Barry at this point. Good luck to those interviewing tomorrow!

30 minutes ago, labrecsr said:

I also interviewed on 10/12 and received my acceptance yesterday for the Miami campus! ? I still have 2 more interviews in the next couple of weeks so we'll see how those go, but I'm more likely to choose Barry at this point. Good luck to those interviewing tomorrow!

Have my interview tomorrow any last minute advice/tips? 

I interviewed in St Pete on Oct. 19th and was accepted Oct. 24th! Good luck everyone and I look forward to meeting everyone next year! 

For all interviewing at St Pete— be yourself, have a lot of questions prepared for the professors and be ready to answer questions regarding medical ethics and issues facing the PA profession! 

16 hours ago, sbeau18 said:

I interviewed in St Pete on Oct. 19th and was accepted Oct. 24th! Good luck everyone and I look forward to meeting everyone next year! 

For all interviewing at St Pete— be yourself, have a lot of questions prepared for the professors and be ready to answer questions regarding medical ethics and issues facing the PA profession! 

Congrats to you and thank you for the advice! 

I have got my acceptance from somewhere else so I’ll be canceling my 11/9 interview date at the Miami campus! Good luck to those who is interviewing soon or is waiting to hear something :D

Received an interview invite via email around 8 am yesterday! I will be there on 11/9. I am coming from out of state so any recommendations on the Miami area are appreciated ?  Looking forward to meeting some of you.

Edited by ashprepa