allthingspa

FLORIDA: Barry University PA Program 2018-2019 Cycle

12 minutes ago, FuturePA305 said:

Besides using the school's code 5053, did you also use the generic PA department code when you were ordering your GRE scores?

Yes, I used both the school code and pa department code 

40 minutes ago, LolaCola said:

I received an interview invite for the Miami campus that I will be declining. Hopefully this opens up a spot for one of you. Good luck!

Good luck with your other schools!! Do you mind sharing your stats?

On 9/10/2018 at 8:32 AM, FuturePA305 said:

Same! Haven't heard from them since the initial confirmation email, they haven't received my GRE scores according to CASPA, used the generic PA dept code, and ordered my GRE scores on August 8th. Not sure what to do now ? 

Barry does not use CASPA to verify GRE scores. Scores get sent directly to the school from ETS. If your other scores are showing received on CASPA you should be okay!

I spoke with Michelle this week, She said the way Barry is it will never show on CASPA that your Gre scores have arrived. She also stated she is still going through applications that we’re verified in May and going in order from there. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, skylarshuminer said:

Barry does not use CASPA to verify GRE scores. Scores get sent directly to the school from ETS. If your other scores are showing received on CASPA you should be okay!

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Prepaguy23 said:

Denied via email due to a pre requisite confusion....

Sorry to hear that. Is there anyway you could contact the program to get clarity about the prerequisite in question? It’s worth a shot. 

I spoke with them...I mean it’s not as clear as it could be on their site...but hearing I could have had a potential interview had this not happened kind of sucks 

It was an issue with the behavioral science  pre reqs. Their website says classes included are psychology, sociology, human growth/development. 

It only stated they DO NOT accept anthropology and criminology for the behavioral science pre reqs. 

Well i I have an undergrad that focuses on behavioral sciences (nearly 20 hours as shown on my CASPA transcript under the behavioral science GPA. 

Well none of those qualified. 

I think they could be more clear on their website by specifically saying we only accept so so and so..

I’m aware now that it says only those courses are required but it did not say that at the time I was preparing my application/taking courses or I would have just taken one under that category. 

It still also only says that anthropology and criminology will not be accepted which is misleading. 

Yes, I understand how you got confused! They have it worded strange on the website. I had called to clarify this same issue like a year ago because I didn’t understand what exact classes they would accept for that! 

38 minutes ago, futurePAeryka said:

Congrats! Do you mind sharing stats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations!! When do you interview?!

4 hours ago, futurePAeryka said:

Congrats! Do you mind sharing stats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My stats actually aren't that great, hope this gives everyone some hope though!

Overall and science GPA ~3.28, with upwards trend my last 2 years in undergrad

GRE: 161 verbal, 155 quant

1200 hours as ED scribe; 500 as MA/scribe in dermatology

Currently working as MA/scribe in hematology and oncology office (so I currently have over 2000 hours)

500ish volunteer hours

Submitted app 6/3

Edited by hoorayPA
  • Like 2