FLORIDA: Barry University PA Program 2018-2019 Cycle

1 hour ago, whitesocks said:

Can anyone share how long between the email stating “your app is awaiting committee review” to getting an invite for interviews or any other follow-up?

Thanks! emoji5.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, I applied and was verified by June 15th and I just got an interview invite last week for the St. Pete campus. I have had no other communication until recently. 

Guest SuperAgonist
On 10/15/2018 at 5:26 PM, CJ1992 said:

Received an invite for 10/26

Anybody else going that date? Should I look over and health care type questions? Ethical meaning how you would handle a situation? 

Also interviewing that date, at the St. Pete campus 

Received an invite for 10/26
Anybody else going that date? Should I look over and health care type questions? Ethical meaning how you would handle a situation? 

I’ll be there as well.

Examples of ethical questions from the “Ultimate guide to getting into PA school”

1. “Do you believe all individuals have a right to health care in this country?”

2. “Tell me about a time when you had to handle an ethical dilemma?”

3. “What would you do if you knew your supervising physician was committing Medicare fraud by overbilling for his services?”

30 minutes ago, labrecsr said:

I also interviewed on 10/12 and received my acceptance yesterday for the Miami campus! ? I still have 2 more interviews in the next couple of weeks so we'll see how those go, but I'm more likely to choose Barry at this point. Good luck to those interviewing tomorrow!

Have my interview tomorrow any last minute advice/tips? 

16 hours ago, sbeau18 said:

I interviewed in St Pete on Oct. 19th and was accepted Oct. 24th! Good luck everyone and I look forward to meeting everyone next year! 

For all interviewing at St Pete— be yourself, have a lot of questions prepared for the professors and be ready to answer questions regarding medical ethics and issues facing the PA profession! 

Congrats to you and thank you for the advice! 

I interviewed at St. Pete on the 26th (haven’t heard back yet). The experience was very different from any other interview i have ever had. The professors were incredibly nice. They are truly just trying to get to know you not grill you or break you. The group interview consisted of ethical type questions to see what your opinions on certain issues were. Speak from life experience and just be yourself. Speak conversationally. The one on one interview consisted of questions like “why Barry?” So have a strong answer to that. Also questions like how did you improve since last year (if you are a second time applicant like myself). Good luck all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I interviewed at Barry University in St. Pete on the 26th as well. I am still waiting to hear back from the program. 

For those who had received an invitation for interviews, congratulations! The experience I had during the interview process was unlike any other. The professors and faculty made me feel right at home. Everyone was extremely friendly and courteous. My advice for those interviewing next, simply be yourself. The group interview focused on ethical issues in relation towards current trends in the PA profession. My advice for this style of interviewing is to listen, interpret the question again in your head, then state your response in an appropriate fashion. Like RanilSiri mentioned above, speak conversationally. They want you to collaborate with one another, similar to a PA working with other medical providers. The individual interview stated questions such as: "Why choose Barry?", and the most common question: "tell me a little about yourself, and why you want to be a PA?". Make sure you have a strong answer for those. 

I had a blast meeting the other applicants as well as being apart of a great interview. Looking forward to hearing back from Barry. Good luck everyone!!

• Like 1

I interviewed at Miami Campus on 10/26 and was offered a seat in the class yesterday!!! I'm so incredibly excited!! The interview day was very relaxed and the faculty really tried to ease any nervousness - which is probably why I felt so comfortable and at home! During the group interview the faculty member asked our group only 2 ethical questions and the individual interview lasted about 10 minutes. There really is nothing to be anxious about. It was a great experience compared to other interviews!

• Like 2