FLORIDA: Barry University PA Program 2018-2019 Cycle

Congrats to everyone who has already received acceptances!! I recently became interested in this program and noticed that their deadline is later than many. I was curious if anyone knows anything about whether there's a good chance of receiving an interview this late in the cycle or not though. Thank you in advance for any input!

23 hours ago, AAK30 said:

Congrats to everyone who has already received acceptances!! I recently became interested in this program and noticed that their deadline is later than many. I was curious if anyone knows anything about whether there's a good chance of receiving an interview this late in the cycle or not though. Thank you in advance for any input!

I applied the first week of June and I haven't heard anything back aside from a confirmation email. However, people who applied later than I did have received interviews so who is to say you won't get one! Good luck. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 3:09 PM, CJ1992 said:

I’d like to know to. I got an email a couple of days ago saying they are now reviewing my app

3 hours ago, CTPAAPPLICANT2018 said:

Same! I got mine on 9/4 and have yet to hear back ? I'll keep you updated! 

When was your application verified? I haven't received the "application being reviewed" email yet. 

10 hours ago, purpleberry said:

For those who already interviewed, can you touch on the experience? Was any part of the interview tough or not what you expected? Any tips on how to prepare? Thanks!

It’s very laid back and not what you would expect. I went in thinking it would be super formal and intimidating but it was not. as for how to prepare, there were a lot of abstract discussion based questions. Not just straight up “why do you want to be a PA”

• Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 3:00 PM, jalba said:

are they still sending out interview invites for the Miami campus? congrats to everyone accepted thus far!

I got an invitation to interview on 10/1 and I will be interviewing on 10/26 at Barry University!!! (I'm so excited) I'm a second time applicant (first time applicant to Barry) and traveling from Michigan

9 minutes ago, sunny7788 said:

When did u submit your app if you don’t mind me asking???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I submitted my application on June 6. I got the "thank you for your interest" email on June 18 and then the "awaiting admissions committee review" email from Michelle on Sept 12!

On 10/1/2018 at 12:00 PM, jalba said:

are they still sending out interview invites for the Miami campus? congrats to everyone accepted thus far!

I received an invitation to interview last week and they gave me three dates in October to choose from. I will be there October 12th, so they definitely are still interviewing! Good luck!

Edited by kpeiser
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, RanilSiri said:

Hey all, i’m a second time applicant. And submitted my CASPA at the end of May. Was verified in July and just received an invitation to Interview on 10/26 at St. Pete campus. 

Congrats!! I’m a first time applicant still hoping to hear from them with an interview!!

What do you think helped you to get an interview this time? What did you focus on to improve your chances? 

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Kelciejag said:

Congrats!! I’m a first time applicant still hoping to hear from them with an interview!!

What do you think helped you to get an interview this time? What did you focus on to improve your chances? 

Thanks! 

Applying early was definitely big in hearing from a lot more schools. Last year I submitted by end of August. This year I submitted to all schools by end of May!

things i did to improve from last year:

-Took Bio 2

- Shadowed 3 more different PA’s

- continued to work as an ATC (more patient care hours)

• Like 1

Hi guys, I’m interviewing tomorrow but just got accepted to one of my top choices! Do you think it’s too late to email Michelle to decline the interview and withdraw my app?
Email her. So someone else can possibly get that opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dgeddam said:

Anyone who has interviewed in Miami already - can you provide some insight on what the interview process was like!? Aka the interview structure, the kinda questions they asked, the schedule for the day, etc. Anything would be super helpful!!

And also what the group interview process was like!

@dgeddam The interview process overall was very relaxed. The individual interview was super quick. The types of questions asked were "Why Barry" "How do you like to learn," etc. The group interview consisted of ethical type questions..I would look over biomedical ethics to help you approach these types of questions effectively. Don't worry at all, it was a long day but the faculty were all extremely compassionate. Just be yourself! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1