FLORIDA: Barry University PA Program 2018-2019 Cycle

3 hours ago, hoorayPA said:

My stats actually aren't that great, hope this gives everyone some hope though!

Overall and science GPA ~3.28, with upwards trend my last 2 years in undergrad

GRE: 161 verbal, 155 quant

1200 hours as ED scribe; 500 as MA/scribe in dermatology

Currently working as MA/scribe in hematology and oncology office (so I have currently have over 2000 hours)

500ish volunteer hours

Submitted app 6/3

Congrats!! We actually have really similar stats, 1500 hours ED scribe and 1,000 MA in Derm (lol!). My GRE is a little lower though. I’m hoping to hear something, so thanks for sharing! Best of luck!!! 

All I have received is an email saying "

Good Day,

Thank you for your interest in the Barry University Physician Assistant Program. We are in receipt of your application. Please make sure your application is complete by:

• Verifying you have completed all required prerequisite coursework

• Having official GRE Scores sent through ETS

• Confirming at least 3 letters of Recommendation have been submitted

Once your application has been processed by our office, you will receive an additional email confirming the receipt of the above materials as well as a detailed description of the next steps in the Admissions process.

Please be advised that at this time we will begin the processing this cycle’s applications (2018-2019) in July 2018. Please allow approximately 4-6 weeks after processing to receive further instructions. Again, thank you for your interest in our Physician Assistant program and we look forward to reviewing your file soon."

Did they send anything after this prior to interview offers?

Does anyone know if Barry counts your overall undergraduate sGPA or just last 60 credits?? Any current students accepted with an upwards trend on sGPA improvement?? Please pm me if you don’t feel comfortable responding on the forum. Thank you so much!! Good luck to everyone! [emoji1320][emoji1320][emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, hoorayPA said:

I did! I haven't heard back yet though

10 minutes ago, Sneakygiraffe said:

I did too! Nothing back yet either but they did say it could take like 3 weeks 

Just checking in because I looked back several years regarding interviews and people found out Tuesday/Wednesday after their interviews and if this cycle would be similar.

31 minutes ago, futurepackc said:

Just checking in because I looked back several years regarding interviews and people found out Tuesday/Wednesday after their interviews and if this cycle would be similar.

I literally was checking the forum and was wondering same thing! At least I can stop obsessively checking my email maybe until next Tuesday lol

Edited by hoorayPA