allthingspa

FLORIDA: Barry University PA Program 2018-2019 Cycle

On 7/18/2018 at 8:51 PM, tarheel1008 said:

Has anyone gotten an email saying their application was processed yet?

Nope 

Just got the email from Michelle that my app is now being processed and awaiting committee review(7/20).  Submitted and verified by 6/18. 

7 minutes ago, rpat11394 said:

Just got the email from Michelle that my app is now being processed and awaiting committee review(7/20).  Submitted and verified by 6/18. 

I submitted and verified 6/02 and received that email from Michelle on 6/18. Nothing but radio silence since. 

Good luck

I submitted and verified 6/02 and received that email from Michelle on 6/18. Nothing but radio silence since. 
Good luck

I’m in the same boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Hey! 

I'm thinking about applying to Barry after doing some more research and the programs looks amazing! My CASPA is already verified but wondering if it's still worth applying as they use rolling admissions? 

8 hours ago, whitesocks said:

Hey! 

I'm thinking about applying to Barry after doing some more research and the programs looks amazing! My CASPA is already verified but wondering if it's still worth applying as they use rolling admissions? 

Hey!! I’m still going to apply here as well... I think it’s worth a shot. My summer class grades don’t post until August 13th and I need it to post before I can apply here!! Good luck!!! 

Barry emailed me saying they are reviewing my application and that nothing was missing from my file. First set of interviews start in September. 

18 hours ago, whitesocks said:

Hey! 

I applied this time last year and although I didn't get into the program I was interviewed for the waitlist and am currently on the waitlist. I think it's worth a shot, but don't be surprised when it takes a long time to hear back. I submitted last year first week of august and then didn't hear anything until February when they invited me for an interview for the waitlist. Best of luck! 

37 minutes ago, HeyheyPA said:

I applied this time last year and although I didn't get into the program I was interviewed for the waitlist and am currently on the waitlist. I think it's worth a shot, but don't be surprised when it takes a long time to hear back. I submitted last year first week of august and then didn't hear anything until February when they invited me for an interview for the waitlist. Best of luck! 

10 hours ago, Kelciejag said:

Hey!! I’m still going to apply here as well... I think it’s worth a shot. My summer class grades don’t post until August 13th and I need it to post before I can apply here!! Good luck!!! 

Okay! Thanks guys ? I think i'll go ahead and submit it today. Good luck everyone!

On 8/2/2018 at 5:02 PM, allthingspa said:

Barry emailed me saying they are reviewing my application and that nothing was missing from my file. First set of interviews start in September. 

Hi!

When did you submit everything and get the first email stating "Once your application has been processed by our office, you will receive an additional email confirming the receipt of the above materials as well as a detailed description of the next steps in the Admissions process." 

I'm assuming the email you just got was the second email confirming everything. 

Thanks!!

On 5/24/2018 at 11:05 AM, aspiringpastudent615 said:

I am verified on CASPA's site, but have not yet received an e-mail from Barry. I also sent my GRE scores which show on the ETS site, but on the CASPA site all of my GRE scores are there EXCEPT for Barry. Anyone else having this same problem?

I'm having the same problem! However, I did get an email that they are "in receipt of my application" this morning. Not sure what's going on there.

On 8/8/2018 at 10:39 AM, ccaspiringpa said:

I'm having the same problem! However, I did get an email that they are "in receipt of my application" this morning. Not sure what's going on there.

Scores aren't sent to CASPA, so they won't show for Barry on the CASPA website. They're sent directly to the school. 

Received an email of interview dates for 9/21, 10/12, and 10/19. Declining my interview because I’ve already been accepted to schools closer to me! Hopefully this opens up more spots for other potential students. Good luck everyone ?

• Upvote 2

I received an invite to interview earlier today! The dates listed are 9/21, 10/12, and 10/19. Working on figuring out which date will work best for me, but I will post on here when I get confirmed for an interview session. Exciting stuff and can't wait to meet other applicants/potential classmates!!! ?

2 minutes ago, rachelasteed said:

I received an invite to interview earlier today! The dates listed are 9/21, 10/12, and 10/19. Working on figuring out which date will work best for me, but I will post on here when I get confirmed for an interview session. Exciting stuff and can't wait to meet other applicants/potential classmates!!! ?

Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your stats? Best of luck!:)

4 minutes ago, PAtobe33 said:

Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your stats? Best of luck!:)

Submitted to CASPA: May 23

First email from Barry (confirming receipt of CASPA app): June 4

TX resident (undergrad at Texas A&M)

Reapplicant (applied 2016-2017 cycle, but did NOT apply to Barry)

Overall GPA: 3.63

Science GPA: 3.65

GRE: Verbal (154; 64%) Quantitative (148; 31%) Writing (5.0; 93%)

Volunteer: 200 hours (hospital, organizations, medical mission trip)

Non-healthcare employment: 5,815 hours (waitress in college, nanny)

Patient contact: 2,500 hours (CNA in hospital full time during gap year)

Shadowing: 40 hours with MD; 25 hours with PA

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How late did you guys receive your confirmation from Barry that they have all the require documents? I received a receipt of my application on 7/6 but it has been radio silence since then.... should I reach out to the school?

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, amyfuturepa said:

How late did you guys receive your confirmation from Barry that they have all the require documents? I received a receipt of my application on 7/6 but it has been radio silence since then.... should I reach out to the school?

I am in the same boat as you. I received receipt of my application the first week of August but haven't gotten confirmation of all requirements yet. Let me know if you reach out to them and what they say. Good luck!!

• Like 1