MASSACHUSETTS: Tufts PA Program 2018-2019 Cycle

Just received an interview invite as well!!! However, I have travel plans during the dates they provided. Should I call about other interview dates or is that bad ettiquette? This is my first round applying so I’m uncertain how to handle this 

Also received an interview invite today for later this month. 

1 hour ago, rms13 said:

Just received an interview invite as well!!! However, I have travel plans during the dates they provided. Should I call about other interview dates or is that bad ettiquette? This is my first round applying so I’m uncertain how to handle this 

I would contact them ASAP and explain the situation. I am sure they will work with you if possible. 

21 hours ago, Cadapter said:

Also received an interview invite today for later this month. 

I would contact them ASAP and explain the situation. I am sure they will work with you if possible. 

Thank you! I did contact them and scheduled for July 5th! Good luck to you!

1 hour ago, panglossian said:

Submitted 5/24, verified the same day, interview invite 6/4

What should we expect at the interview? Is it more traditional or behavioral? 

The interviews at Tufts are incredibly laid back, but the director is old-school. They consist of 2 interviews with principle or adjunct members of the faculty (one-on-one), a presentation given by the program director and a student-lead tour of the academic buildings/labs and a brief walk through the medical center. Be professional at all times, even when with those students giving the tour - they do ask us for feedback about yall. 

Be prepared, just like any other interview. If it's in your application, be able to explain or discuss it confidently. Know why you're applying to be a PA and why you want to study at Tufts. Have anecdotes from your patient care experience ready to talk about, especially if they were challenging for you or your team. Set yourself apart. Send a thank you note to the director afterwards - no emails!

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Emgall0508 said:

My application was verified on 6/12, it seems like people that get invited for interviews are contacted a week or two after verification. For those that have been invited for interviews, is it just an email invitation? 

Yes I received an email titled "Update on your Tufts PA Program application"

Accepted earlier this morning!

Verified 5/18, offered an interview on 6/3, interviewed on 6/14. 

cGPA: 3.70, sGPA: 3.62, BCP: 3.44

HCE: 1,800 hours as an ER tech.

miscellaneous (?): 500 volunteer hours, 200 research hours, about 2,800 hours of lab experience, 300 hours of teaching, 20 hours of shadowing. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, kaylatrockman said:

Do you have any tips about the interview process if we are invited to interview??

Interviews are very conversational. Be prepared to address everything you listed on your PS, experiences, volunteering, etc. Have some behavioral scenarios in mind to pull from.

overall it is was a very relaxed experience, staff is incredibly nice and welcoming. 

20 hours ago, TNicole said:

I was accepted this morning as well!! Congratulations! 

Verified 5/14, offered an interview 6/1, Interviewed 6/14.

So I know everyone is saying that the interviews are relaxed and everyone is really nice, but my question is how many other prospective students are there at the same time? I've heard that many schools have some form of group interview during the day, does Tufts?