Connecticut: Sacred Heart University 2018-2019 Cycle

Guest IvramPA92
On 10/30/2018 at 1:07 AM, Cindyhopeful133 said:

I'm so excited! I received an interview invite this afternoon. I was wondering if anyone requested a date different than what is given on the email? I only had one day to choose from and had plans to fly out that weekend to visit a family member before she gives birth. 

They offered four different options of when you want to attend for an interview when I received the invite two weeks ago. Usually, when you have a limited option and received an offer later, someone else must’ve declined their interview offer. That happened to me with another PA program where they only gave me one interview date to attend because someone else declined their interview offer on that day. Also, I only had two days to prepare for that particular last minute interview offer lol. Congrats! 

8 minutes ago, nidhi1992 said:

I just received the interview invite as well!

I will be attending 12/8 in the morning.

Does anyone know the interview format? Any tips for travel or anything at all? Also, do they matriculate students based on early interviews compared to later etc? 

Hey! I received the interview invite today as well!

They gave me 3 options and I chose Dec 8th. They haven’t reposted to my email. Did anyone have their the same email? 

18 hours ago, futurePAeryka said:

I would wait until the AM to contact them again and maybe give them until noon to send a confirmation email for the interview. I’m sure they will be checking their emails in the morning! And congrats on the interview invite 🙂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They responded this morning! Thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2018 at 12:57 PM, Cadapter said:

It was said at the interview that the admission committee will meet on or around the 2nd week of December and admission decisions would be given out (accept/reject/wait list) around the 3rd week of December, assuming prior to Christmas break.

Crazy to think that they could be having a meeting next week and possibly getting an acceptance the week after! I am so excited!!! I loved the program ❤️ Good luck to the applicants who interview this weekend and early next week! Please keep us updated if they say something different about when they will give out acceptances.

1 hour ago, Contigo75 said:

Can someone please clarify for me.....are organic chemisty 1 AND 2 both required? Or can a general chemistry substitute. 

I currently have Organic Chemistry 1 and General Chemistry 1. 

I would email them and confirm, but the website asks for Organic Chemistry I and Organic Chemistry II with lab, or Biochemistry with lab (Biochemistry preferred). I do not think you can make a substitute. I didn't take Orgo 2 either but I did take biochemistry with the lab which was accepted. Good luck!

On 12/5/2018 at 9:13 PM, Contigo75 said:

Can someone please clarify for me.....are organic chemisty 1 AND 2 both required? Or can a general chemistry substitute. 

I currently have Organic Chemistry 1 and General Chemistry 1. 

I have only Orgo 1 and Biochem, I think it was enough for them to offer me an interview

• Upvote 1