Connecticut: Sacred Heart University 2018-2019 Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PApassion44 said:

Still haven’t heard anything yet from the December interview ... anyone else in the same situation? 

Anyone know if rejections are being sent via mail or email? Thank you! 

I interviewed in November and have yet to hear anything. I think they have accepted the definites and have rejected the definite rejections. I think those who have not heard are on the waitlist. Acceptances were sent out via phone call and rejections via email. Not sure how they are going about the waitlist.

4 hours ago, lauralondon254 said:

I interviewed in November and have yet to hear anything. I think they have accepted the definites and have rejected the definite rejections. I think those who have not heard are on the waitlist. Acceptances were sent out via phone call and rejections via email. Not sure how they are going about the waitlist.

From previous posts from past years, aren’t waitlisted still notified by email? 

1 hour ago, PREPAMAXIE said:

From previous posts from past years, aren’t waitlisted still notified by email? 

It seems that that would be the case, but seeing as people have been definitely accepted and definitely rejected, it makes the most sense that those who haven't heard are on the waitlist. Either that or they just can't make up their minds. I was told by the program contact (Yvonne Temple) that ALL decisions would be made and all candidates notified by 12/20. I have no idea what is going on, but I emailed Yvonne to make sure that my email address hadn't been lost or anything and she said that it wasn't and that she is still waiting to hear back from the admission committee. The wait is PAINFUL.

28 minutes ago, lauralondon254 said:

It seems that that would be the case, but seeing as people have been definitely accepted and definitely rejected, it makes the most sense that those who haven't heard are on the waitlist. Either that or they just can't make up their minds. I was told by the program contact (Yvonne Temple) that ALL decisions would be made and all candidates notified by 12/20. I have no idea what is going on, but I emailed Yvonne to make sure that my email address hadn't been lost or anything and she said that it wasn't and that she is still waiting to hear back from the admission committee. The wait is PAINFUL.

Thanks for the info! Did you email her just recently or before 12/20? 

Im just surprised they haven’t sent out waitlist emails like they usaully do. Hopefully it’s the case they haven’t made up their minds and there are still seats avaiable! 

19 hours ago, PREPAMAXIE said:

Thanks for the info! Did you email her just recently or before 12/20? 

Im just surprised they haven’t sent out waitlist emails like they usaully do. Hopefully it’s the case they haven’t made up their minds and there are still seats avaiable! 

I emailed her before 12/20 asking her when decisions would go out, and again on 1/2 for follow up because I hadn't heard anything.

17 hours ago, Nat15 said:

Anyone know if there is a fb page or another forum out there for accepted students for this class? Can't wait to meet you all in August and good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

I spoke to someone at sacred heart and she said to hold off on making one ! They will me making us one in February ! 

• Like 2

Just got accepted!! Beyond excited. I was on the alternate list and they just called me this morning.  For anyone that got accepted already, for the verification of patient care experience, do they want the original hard copy? So like, would I need my manager/supervisor to mail in the original or can they scan it back and email it to me?  I emailed Yvonne, but no response yet.. 

5 hours ago, Naisphan said:

Just got accepted!! Beyond excited. I was on the alternate list and they just called me this morning.  For anyone that got accepted already, for the verification of patient care experience, do they want the original hard copy? So like, would I need my manager/supervisor to mail in the original or can they scan it back and email it to me?  I emailed Yvonne, but no response yet.. 

You will receive an email which you can print out the PCE verification report from the Zip file. Just have your manager/whoever is verifying your hours fill it out and you can send it in via mail. I don't think they accept email/fax return for these documents.

I submitted it a little differently...I downloaded the form and emailed it to my employers to fill out and gave them Ms. Temple's email. I believe that both of my employers emailed it back directly to her. They sent it a few weeks ago and I haven't heard that it wasn't acceptable. I'm waiting for a confirmation from Ms. Temple just to make sure it's ok with them