Connecticut: Sacred Heart University 2018-2019 Cycle

Hi everyone. I submitted my application to CASPA and got verified for SHU on May 21st. I haven’t gotten any confirmation from them yet . How about you ? 

My science GPA is 4.0 and over all 3.97. I have BAS. Over 8000 hr in direct patient care . I really hope to interview with them .

do you have all the 11 prerequisites ? When I applied , on their web site there was way less prerequisite then when I start matching them in CASPA ? I am missing genetics and biochem. 

I have AP1 and 2, microbiology, organic chem , general chem 1&2, statistics , calculus, bio 1. Phycology ,medical terminology. 

I never got any confirmation that they got my application, I got verified by CASPA on 05/21. 

Any suggestions? 

Thank you and good luck everyone . 

On 5/24/2018 at 1:40 PM, PrePA94 said:

I applied and received confirmation a week ago. I havent heard anything since, though. ? 

hoping all is well! 

Did you get confirmation from university already ? How long did it take from the moment you got verified by CASPA to receive confermation  email from the school ? 

Do you  match all 11 prerequisites?

Edited by YGrabo

9 hours ago, futurePAeryka said:

I am also waiting for an email confirmation. @YGrabo I think you need to have all 11 classes completed by the 10/1 deadline.

I just looked carefully , some of them are not required, but recommended. 

Upper biology class , will Bio 2 qualify ? 

I probably need to contact school for all the answers ?

thank you for your reply. Best of luck to you this year !

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2018 at 9:09 PM, YGrabo said:

Perfect! 

I emailed them and they said bio 2 does not count unfortunately. They also said it has to be upper level with lab like cell bio, genetics, pharmacology etc. I was very disappointed because I'm a bio major and I went to UConn and a majority of our upper level bio courses don't have labs with them that aren't microbio or anatomy and physiology 1 +2. Our genetics course has a discussion and its 3 credits but they won't count that as an upper level bio course. Also they said they don't accept biochem as an upper level bio course. 

5 hours ago, Diane said:

I emailed them and they said bio 2 does not count unfortunately. They also said it has to be upper level with lab like cell bio, genetics, pharmacology etc. I was very disappointed because I'm a bio major and I went to UConn and a majority of our upper level bio courses don't have labs with them that aren't microbio or anatomy and physiology 1 +2. Our genetics course has a discussion and its 3 credits but they won't count that as an upper level bio course. Also they said they don't accept biochem as an upper level bio course. 

Yep. I emailed with them back and forth and I do not have what they need . SHU want more then average PA schools . If I complete all what they are looking for , I might as well apply to MD school :). 

6 hours ago, Diane said:

6 hours ago, Diane said:

Did they email you saying it counts? 

I have direct correspondence with the Associate Director of Grad admissions saying that Bio 2 DOES count as an upper-level science pre-requisite. This was back in early April, so they may have changed their policy. I'm glad you mentioned something because if they don't accept it, I won't be applying here.

On 7/7/2018 at 9:39 AM, Cadapter said:

I have direct correspondence with the Associate Director of Grad admissions saying that Bio 2 DOES count as an upper-level science pre-requisite. This was back in early April, so they may have changed their policy. I'm glad you mentioned something because if they don't accept it, I won't be applying here.

I just emailed them my syllabus for Bio 2 and they said unfortunately they can’t accept it as an upper level bio course. 

3FECED29-6CCD-40DA-A61C-F83CB9F19475.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2018 at 9:58 AM, CTPAAPPLICANT2018 said:

I just emailed them my syllabus for Bio 2 and they said unfortunately they can’t accept it as an upper level bio course. 

Yea, that's a shame. I spoke with the same contact who said that BIO 2 would be acceptable. I was able to get some other coursework accepted via sending in the syllabi. I guess it's hit or miss, sadly.

Also, does anyone know what they want to be uploaded under "clinical/professional" in the documentation in CASPA?

Edited by Cadapter

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 11:06 AM, kotrautman said:

Hi,

I got a phone call today for an interview. I was completely sur[prised as I thought this school would not be one to offer me an invite because I have an outstanding prereq. But, I am so happy they did. I will be attending the October 5th date. 

I hope to get to know everyone else who will be there that day.

-K

Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your stats? @PAlife91 @kotrautman

Edited by futurePAeryka