Hello! I am a senior in Life Science and will be graduating spring 2019.

I have a 3.411 cGPA, 3.263 sGPA.  I have been a CNA in the hospital setting for 2 years and currently work as a CNA in home health and a tutor. I have 400 volunteer hours, 50 shadowing hours, myriad leadership positions on campus and though I know research has little to do with the PA field, am conducting biomedical research to learn more about the physiology behind the heart.  I apply this cycle and was curious to see other's opinions on my statistics. Thank you. 

Stats are good enough for an interview. How many hours do you have as a CNA? I would suggest getting a job within the hospital as opposed to being a home health aid as you are exposed to more and schools like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By am12345
      Hi All!
      I am a graduate student in public health and have worked with providers to inform patient care plans as well as screen patients for adverse childhood experiences, resiliency, quality of life, etc... I have not been an EMT, CNA, Aid, or other roles that are usually seen with direct patient care experience for PA schools. I have already submitted my application, but after attending an information session I am nervous that schools will not count my public health hours as patient care (I made the mistake of listing them as health care experience and not patient care experience). Does anyone have any thoughts on this process? I have already reached out to one school directly and added the experiences as patient care experience in CASPA (it lets you do this even after submission, but I do not know what happens next). I do have a lot of healthcare experience and research experience. Have anyone else added experiences after they submitted? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to private message if that is better for you. Thanks so much! I really appreciate any support with this!
    • By StephanieO
      Thanks for taking the time to read this ! So I graduated from university with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 and a science gpa of 2.85. I’ve been working full time as a patient care tech at a hospital to get my hours (so far I have around 1500) and volunteering as well. At this point, I understand that my stats are no where near competitive enough to get me into PA school, and retaking courses might be the better option. However, a few courses won’t raise my gpa. Would it make sense to do an accelerated bsn program instead ? It would be a significantly larger amount of credits, and I would at least have a job to fall back on, or even a second option (np school) if I don’t get into PA school. The only downside is the cost of the accelerated bsn program. However, if I work for a year, I should be able to pay it off and get a more “robust “ PCE. 
    • By AhuvaGross21
      Hi guys!
      I recently graduated and I am working on my CASPA application. I am super nervous about my personal statement.
      I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some tips/ pointers on how to format it, what to include, and what to omit.
      I frequently second guess myself, so any opinions would be helpful.
      I really appreciate any help.
      Send me a pm if possible! 
      Thank you,
      Ahuva
    • By jlcamp15
      Hello there, 
      I am looking for advice after accidentally self-reporting an incorrect GRE test date – and now my application is locked.
      I already submitted to my schools that do not require the GRE. I then went back to send the rest of my apps to programs that do require GRE. Originally, I was not going to self-report any GRE scores, and planned to just sent them through ETS. At the last minute, I thought it may be a good idea to enter that I did in fact take the test... but I accidentally reported the incorrect date. The error is only a date, with no ID or self-reported scores included. I have already sent the official scores from ETS to my individual programs from the actual date I took the test. I have not yet submitted the application with this error to any schools.
      I understand that we cannot edit old information after it has been submitted, but we can add new entries as we go. I misunderstood that we also cannot edit those new entries added, even though the new info has not been submitted yet.
      I have already contacted CASPA, and they confirmed what I already guessed – that it cannot be changed. I'm kicking myself, as I have worked very hard to craft an application I am so so proud of. I was meticulous and diligent in ensuring there were no typos or mistakes in my experiences and personal statement... and then BOOM, it happened in a split second and cannot be corrected. 
      I can see that my official GRE test date and scores will be included on the application, just underneath the self-reported date. I know that it is a minor error, as it is a self-reported date with no included scores… but an error nonetheless. None of my programs required or requested self-report GRE information, only the official report. 
      It is the difference of about one week, 7/22/19 (official) vs 7/31/19 (error). ETS does not even allow you to take the test this close back to back (21 day minimum).
      Would you recommend contacting the programs to let them know? 
      If you made it through my novel, you are a trooper, and I would appreciate any advice 🙂
      Thank you!
    • By Finntastic
      I know this is mainly a "contact the school" issue, but I'm wondering is anyone has ever had a problem with programs accepting a combined organic chem and biochem course? I just found out one of them won't allow it after I applied 😞

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More