2018 Application Cycle

14 hours ago, sunny7788 said:

Can anyone who arrives first tomorrow post what they are wearing so that we can find you?? 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was planning on getting there a little early to make sure we can get a table.  It looks like there will be about 8 of us.  I'll be wearing a black jacket, polka dot shirt, and jeans.  My number is 801.718.9039.  I'm excited to meet you all tonight! 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Dani27 said:

I was planning on getting there a little early to make sure we can get a table.  It looks like there will be about 8 of us.  I'll be wearing a black jacket, polka dot shirt, and jeans.  My number is 801.718.9039.  I'm excited to meet you all tonight! 

Awesome! I’ll be flying in from CA around noon and probably studying for a bit somewhere near the Marriot. I also hope to head over to RI2 early. I’ll be in a grey polo and jeans. Excited to meet you all!

Oh, and my bud Diego is a first-year student in the program, and he said he’s hoping to meet us there at the restaurant! Bring your questions 🙂

-Michael

6 hours ago, Dani27 said:

I’ll be in a blue hoodie, jeans, and black jacket.  Looking forward to meeting everyone!  

Chris

22 hours ago, TIS93 said:

Is anyone interviewing on Friday the 30th?

22 hours ago, WinstonSLC said:

I'll be there on the 30th!

16 hours ago, Jmcort14 said:

I will be! Super nervous but I’m very excited to meet everyone.

4 hours ago, kelsiekPA said:

I'll be there the 30th as well! 

Just arrived to SLC for the 11/30 interview as well. Super excited. You guys want to meet up at red iguana 2 tonight? 

(866 W S Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84116)

14 hours ago, akenney67 said:

Can I ask your stats?

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.16

Cumulative Science Undergrad. GPA:  3.22

(3.9 in the last 90 units of classes)

360 volunteer hours

8700 hours paid patient care experience as an EMT/Paramedic.

About 450 hours shadowing experience. One PA in the ER, one in a rural primary clinic, and one in a surgical specialty.

500 hours of teaching experience.

This is my 3rd time applying in 4 years. I took time off last year to work on my application's weak areas.

Well, congrats to all those who interviewed this cycle.  I ended this year on the alternate interview list.  I'll have to circle the wagons and see what I can do to improve my application for next cycle.  It has been such an emotional rollercoaster the last couple of weeks.  I've answered about 100 solicitor calls not knowing if it would be "the call" inviting me to an interview, same with the emails being checked 5 times daily.  Being a PA is a noble profession and I wish the class of 2021 the best of luck.

4 minutes ago, WigginsD said:

Well, congrats to all those who interviewed this cycle.  I ended this year on the alternate interview list.  I'll have to circle the wagons and see what I can do to improve my application for next cycle.  It has been such an emotional rollercoaster the last couple of weeks.  I've answered about 100 solicitor calls not knowing if it would be "the call" inviting me to an interview, same with the emails being checked 5 times daily.  Being a PA is a noble profession and I wish the class of 2021 the best of luck.

I’m sorry to hear that! I think you’ll do great things in the future regardless!

Anyway, I don’t think the UofU has officially released their decisions. We were told that the final decisions will be next week - by the end of the first week of December. 

Good luck to all of you! They are obviously the top-notch school, and the choices will be based on creating the most superior cohort. Remember to reapply if you don’t get in this time, and always press forward to provide that needed care that is in increasing demand!

Archived