2018 Application Cycle

16 hours ago, Fizzassist said:

@Lindsay727 @Npham13 

I'm local! Some of my fav local restaurants are: 

Red Iguana (pretty close to the airport, amazing Mexican food)

Spitz (right in downtown SLC, Greek street food/bar) 

Gourmandise (also downtown, local bakery with soup, salad, sandwiches and pastries)

Copper Onion (new American fare, but if people want to, I'm on board, haha! It's more spendy, but if people feel like be fancy it is YUM ) 

I could keep goin' with food ideas all night! Haha. Where are you guys from?

Hi I'm local as well! I loooove red iguana I wouldn't mind meeting there ? 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to all of those who have interviews! If you are an alternate don't despair, many get called up to interview as people decline or cancel their slots (has even happened up to the day before interviews). If you were not selected this year keep your head up! Like many have said, PA school (the U especially) is extremely competitive and I, for one, do not envy those on the admission committee and the difficult decisions they have to make every year.

If anyone has burning questions feel free to ask, though admittedly I graduated this year and have not had experience with the St. George campus as it did not start until I was in my clinical year. Good luck to everyone!

@gotlife hey! Some of us that are interviewing on the 15th are meeting the night before and we are still hammering out details for the location and time in a private chain, but i'll let you know and we'd love you to join us! though, it sounds like some people from your interview group may also be planning a meet..... 

PS- let's be classmates, too!!!!!!! That goes for everyone on here!!!!?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2018 at 5:13 AM, sunny7788 said:

Anyone interviewing 11/29?? I am coming in 11/28 debating whether to stay through Saturday to enjoy SLC but the hotels are pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a beautiful time of year to hang out in Utah and enjoy, biking, hiking, climbing, etc!  It's cold, but beautiful.

On 10/26/2018 at 5:13 AM, sunny7788 said:

Anyone interviewing 11/29?? I am coming in 11/28 debating whether to stay through Saturday to enjoy SLC but the hotels are pricey.

On 10/26/2018 at 5:41 PM, gotlife said:

I'm local as well and interviewing on the 29th.  If there's a meet, I'm in.  Red Iguana would be great.

On 10/28/2018 at 11:35 AM, vpoca said:

Im flying in from California on the 28th to interview on the 29th. Im in too! 

On 11/8/2018 at 10:12 AM, jen72 said:

I will be flying in on the 28th, but I don't think I get in until late.  If I get in at a reasonable hour, I am interested in the Red Iguana!

On 11/8/2018 at 12:12 PM, sunny7788 said:

I am coming in on the 28th. Let me know if there’s a group happening! Coming from Pa

Congrats everyone on the interviews!  It would be nice to meet up the night before and have some friendly faces the morning of the interview.  It may help to take the edge off a little.  Why don't we meet at Red Iguana 2 (there are two locations and in my experience this one seems to be easier to get into) around 1900 on Wednesday night?  If anyone knows of a better platform to organize this meet up on that would be awesome.  As soon as we have a head count I wouldn't mind making reservations for us all.  

I'm excited to meet you all!

23 hours ago, Dani27 said:

Congrats everyone on the interviews!  It would be nice to meet up the night before and have some friendly faces the morning of the interview.  It may help to take the edge off a little.  Why don't we meet at Red Iguana 2 (there are two locations and in my experience this one seems to be easier to get into) around 1900 on Wednesday night?  If anyone knows of a better platform to organize this meet up on that would be awesome.  As soon as we have a head count I wouldn't mind making reservations for us all.  

I'm excited to meet you all!

I’m excited for a meet up! I will see you all there on the 28th.  Excited to meet you all!!

1 hour ago, mms1990 said:

Does anyone know if an interview in St George means you're only interviewing for a spot on that campus? or is the SLC program still an option even though the interview is in St George? 

I wonder if you selected no preference on your application, if they ask during your interview?  I'd be interested to hear what others say to this.  I selected no preference and genuinely am open to either campus.  Both have some unique "pro's" and very few con's.  Unless you don't like snow.  Then maybe SLC has a big con 😉 

1 hour ago, PAapplicant1819 said:

I wonder if you selected no preference on your application, if they ask during your interview?  I'd be interested to hear what others say to this.  I selected no preference and genuinely am open to either campus.  Both have some unique "pro's" and very few con's.  Unless you don't like snow.  Then maybe SLC has a big con 😉 

I found this on the U website, which makes me think they ask you what you want after being accepted! I also selected no preference on CASPA, but I would love it if they ask! CB8225B1-A50A-4FC8-A0F9-30D419B90D28.thumb.jpeg.5873df3adbe007344fcc8f8f80a60214.jpeg

58 minutes ago, PAapplicant1819 said:

I would like to if I get in at a decent time!  Flying in from PA to Las Vegas and then driving over so hoping it's a (fairly) painless process.

Wow, that's literally what we just did today. Left the house at 430am and flew out of Newark at 8am, landed in Las Vegas just before 11am Pacific. We'll drive up Friday and spend the night up there. Currently staying with family who lives in North Las Vegas. I'm from Nazareth, PA btw.

2 hours ago, JTBeaupre said:

Wow, that's literally what we just did today. Left the house at 430am and flew out of Newark at 8am, landed in Las Vegas just before 11am Pacific. We'll drive up Friday and spend the night up there. Currently staying with family who lives in North Las Vegas. I'm from Nazareth, PA btw.

Did you fly Spirit by chance?  🙂 Seems like a pretty straight forward flight but of course mother nature has thrown a bit of a curve ball out here with possible ice/snow Thurs-Fri.  But I feel like if any airport has managing ice/snow down to a science, it's Newark!  We're coming in from Bethlehem so not far from Nazareth at all.  

Archived