ballerina

2018-2019 Application Cycle

I just received an interview invite for September 14th!! Anyone else attending that date? I'm a reapplicant- didn't receive any interviews last year. My overall GPA was a bit on the lower end, and I've been taking a lot of classes to boost my GPA. 

12 hours ago, leavesomeSqueezemeroom said:

@shazel06 I will say that Methodist looks at the student as a whole. Make sure you interact with your fellow applicants and students during the interviews. Don't be afraid to ask questions and just be yourself, but in like a professional-ish way. Good luck on interviews! 

@leavesomeSqueezemeroom I'm glad MU looks at each student as a whole. I had such a great feel for the program and staff when I visited. Thank you, I'm so excited! :) What's your favorite thing about the program? 

I received an interview for September 14th in the afternoon session.

Anyone have any suggestions, hints or tips? This is my first interview for this cycle.

On 8/28/2018 at 12:45 PM, WiddisPA said:

I received an interview for September 14th in the afternoon session.

Anyone have any suggestions, hints or tips? This is my first interview for this cycle.

Eat in the morning. Bring something to take notes. Let your personality shine! As my classmate explained there will be a student panel where you can ask questions of where to live, what we like about our program etc this is where the notebook to write things helps ? Good luck!

I interviewed Friday Oct 5th, and received an email today that I've been accepted!! I'm so excited to go to such an amazing program!! 

Good luck to all that are interviewing! ?

• Like 2

On 10/18/2018 at 8:05 AM, NB2018 said:

Does anyone have any more information about upcoming interview dates? It seems there have been only two so far. Thanks!

Hi!! Current student here, we are taking a break for interviewing until January when they will start up again. Right now the cohort of 2019 is getting everything ready for their first clinical sites, the 2020 cohort just got done with midterms, and they are also focusing on the cohort of 2018 and graduation for them in December. Rest assured more interview will be happening!!! Hope that helps!

Hi, does anyone know if they have set up an interview in January already? Or will they start sending interview invites soon?

Thanks for the info!!

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 12:44 PM, NB2018 said:

Hi, does anyone know if they have set up an interview in January already? Or will they start sending interview invites soon?

Thanks for the info!!

Methodist appears to send invites 3-4 weeks prior to the interview date.  Based on posts from the last several years, it looks like January invites are usually sent out mid December. And it also looks like there are rarely interviews past January, I think I only saw one year where someone posted about an interview in February. Not to be negative, but those of us who haven’t gotten an invite yet aren’t looking at great odds. 

Edited by bellis

Guest RT2PAA

Hello all, I interviewed on Friday and received my acceptance this morning. Hope that helps.

I am in the class of 2021. The class is a little over half way filled up. Still quite a few spots left, so if you haven't received an interview yet the odds are still pretty good. Goodluck! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks so much for all the info. For those who are already attending or have been accepted I wanted to ask a question. There seems to be a wide variety of students who are accepted, what do you think set you apart that prompted them to give you an interview invite and a final acceptance?

• Like 1

Never stop working for the goal which is to get acceptance. I can not stress enough you should ALWAYS be looking for ways to make a very well rounded application. Make that PS jump at them, make them WANT to meet you. I distinctly remember they asked me what would I do if I didn't get in, I said do whatever it took to prove and show them I am ready for this. Be adaptable. That is the #1 thing they look for, because you HAVE to adapt to change in your schedules and how things are going to function and how you study. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hi,

I have a question for those who are in the program and those who have been accepted.  I have taken most of my pre-reqs at the University Level, but to make myself more competitive I also redid many of them to show what my abilities are now that I have been out of school for awhile.  I have taken classes through UNE as that was recommended to me by a program.  Methodist prefers university level classes, will having taken them through UNE count against me?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, NB2018 said:

Hi,

I have a question for those who are in the program and those who have been accepted.  I have taken most of my pre-reqs at the University Level, but to make myself more competitive I also redid many of them to show what my abilities are now that I have been out of school for awhile.  I have taken classes through UNE as that was recommended to me by a program.  Methodist prefers university level classes, will having taken them through UNE count against me?

Thanks!

Hi there! I start in the PA program this August! I assume by UNE you are referring to University of New England (so online classes).. please let me know if I misunderstood what you meant!

I have copied and pasted this directly from Methodist's PA website:

"Online courses in statistics, psychology, and medical terminology have been accepted, but online courses for biology and chemistry requirements are highly discouraged."

Does this answer your question?

No that doesnt answer my question. I did see that section on their website. My question has more to do with them accepting someone who has taken online courses. 

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Paramedic2PA said:

Hi there! I start in the PA program this August! I assume by UNE you are referring to University of New England (so online classes).. please let me know if I misunderstood what you meant!

I have copied and pasted this directly from Methodist's PA website:

"Online courses in statistics, psychology, and medical terminology have been accepted, but online courses for biology and chemistry requirements are highly discouraged."

Does this answer your question?

No, I retook some classes post bac at a community college if I could to save money. I did online biochem (lecture only) after getting accepted and they were fine with that ( I am in didactic year at Methodist). When in doubt contact Ms. Mish and she will give you the answers you need. 

Hey everyone! I interviewed last Friday and received my acceptance email Monday morning! I am excited to say I am joining the Class of 2021! I look forward to meeting all of you and working with you in the Fall. 

I would love to meet/get in touch with my future classmates! Does anyone know if there is a Facebook page yet or if there will be one set up? Thank you! 🙂

• Upvote 1