CASPA 2018-2019 Cycle

I did, it’s not anything bad compared to other schools. During the interview, the interviewer told me that they only pick like 5 or so people immediately from each interview group and then put everyyyyyoneee else into the wait list pool until the end and pick us from there. It DOES NOT mean that all spots have been filled. It’s actually quite opposite. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Sneakygiraffe said:

I did, it’s not anything bad compared to other schools. During the interview, the interviewer told me that they only pick like 5 or so people immediately from each interview group and then put everyyyyyoneee else into the wait list pool until the end and pick us from there. It DOES NOT mean that all spots have been filled. It’s actually quite opposite. 

Thank you for sharing! This is very encouraging

53 minutes ago, kw113 said:

Yep I’m from the 10/29, if anyone has any insight on the waitlist do share! We’re in this wait together!

Wish they gave more details like if we are ranked or is it just random? Lol I’m trying to remember you from the interview, where were you sitting in the conference room? 

It's almost certainly ranked and also unlikely that you will be allowed to know where you are. On the bright side, they interview only 150 people and have 50 seats. Since a lot of people apply to 10 or more schools there are bound to be many relinquished seats. That is what I have seen elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ishfish said:

It's almost certainly ranked and also unlikely that you will be allowed to know where you are. On the bright side, they interview only 150 people and have 50 seats. Since a lot of people apply to 10 or more schools there are bound to be many relinquished seats. That is what I have seen elsewhere.

They told you that they were only interviewing 150 people?

On 11/7/2018 at 12:57 PM, pabca94 said:

has anyone from the 11/1 interview heard anything? I know they said it could be a couple weeks but since people have started hearing about waitlists/rejections I was wondering if that had changed

I interviewed that date as well and have not heard anything. Fingers crossed for this week!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pabca94 said:

I was told by someone in the office that the last interview date was this Tuesday (the 13th) and that the admissions committee would be meeting on Wednesday to make final decisions. It seems that most acceptance calls have gone out on Friday mornings after the committee meets, so not sure what to think since I haven't heard anything either way yet

Wish I would have known how their admissions timeline worked earlier. Either way are you waiting to hear back from other schools?

On 11/16/2018 at 3:23 PM, pabca94 said:

I was told by someone in the office that the last interview date was this Tuesday (the 13th) and that the admissions committee would be meeting on Wednesday to make final decisions. It seems that most acceptance calls have gone out on Friday mornings after the committee meets, so not sure what to think since I haven't heard anything either way yet

I was verified in August and haven't heard anything after the application under review email.  If that's true, bummer.

11 minutes ago, pabca94 said:

Received an email this morning saying they haven't reached a decision for me yet. Is this the waitlist email? Has me confused 😓 Has anyone received anything similar or been accepted/rejected recently?

That's very unusual. Are you sure it doesn't say you were waitlisted? If i'm not mistaken, if you have interviewed they waitlist you if you aren't accepted. I don't think they reject after interview. 

7 minutes ago, pabca94 said:

No it says nothing about waitlist. Simply that they haven't reached a decision for me and hope to let me know as soon as possible. This is why I was wondering if the waitlist emails said something similar and perhaps they forgot to include the waitlist part? Not sure what to think but trying to stay positive 😊

It sounds like they are leaning towards accepting you to me! Fingers crossed for you!

3 hours ago, pabca94 said:

fingers crossed for you too! we're in this wait together

I received my acceptance call yesterday! I wouldn't be worried about it. I called last week because I was offered an acceptance at another school and let USF know so that I wouldn't have to pay a deposit when I didn't need to. They told me last week and yesterday morning that they wanted to let people know before Thanksgiving but I don't think they have made most of the decisions. I think that email was sent just to update you so you weren't stressed over the holiday! Hope this helped and good luck

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pabca94 said:

Received an email this morning saying they haven't reached a decision for me yet. Is this the waitlist email? Has me confused 😓 Has anyone received anything similar or been accepted/rejected recently?

I got this email too but have not been offered an interview yet! So I'm thinking they might still have interview dates?

• Upvote 1