CASPA 2018-2019 Cycle

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Futurepa96 said:

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Sure thing, they’re far from exceptional. 

sGPA - 3.3ish, I think

cGPA - 3.56

PCE - ~ 800 hrs (hospital PCT) when I sent the application, but always gaining more. 

Volunteering - 40 hrs with hospice care

GRE - 162 quant, 166 verb and 4.0 writing

Shadowing - 40 hrs IR MD, 30 hrs Ortho PA, 20 hrs cardiology PA, 10 hrs derm MD

Under on some of their averages, so I’m plesantly surprised to get an interview!

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, surfingpenguin said:

I plan on coming the day before and exploring the area a little. Any other interviewees on 10/18 that would like to hangout? I'm super excited for the interview, this school is my number one choice right now!!

I also have an interview on 10/18 and I am flying in the day before! We should definitely meet up ? my email: HardinAllie@gmail.com

1 minute ago, HMB said:

Vogue and Hbryan.... I just received an email stating that my application was under review. Hope you get one soon!

Yes, that’s is the same email we are talking about. It’s just weird because I already got an email in June saying my app was under review but I guess this one was more specific. 

10 minutes ago, Hbryan1 said:

Yes, that’s is the same email we are talking about. It’s just weird because I already got an email in June saying my app was under review but I guess this one was more specific. 

Hmm, maybe not. It just explained the timeline as far as deadlines and possible interview dates. It was my first correspondence that I had from them though. I was verified in mid July. 

1 hour ago, HMB said:

Vogue and Hbryan.... I just received an email stating that my application was under review. Hope you get one soon!

Fingers crossed for us three! 

1 hour ago, Hbryan1 said:

I also got that email on June 1st. I guess they’re letting us know of a timeline so we don’t immediately assume denial 

1 hour ago, dani021 said:

Received an interview invite today!!!

My timeline for anyone curious:

• CASPA verified: 7/6
  • Application received email: 7/9
  • Proof of enrollment for outstanding prereqs email sent: 8/15
  • Interview invite: 9/21

Good luck everyone!

Congrats on your interview Dani! About the outstanding prereq email.... did they ask you for that proof? Or did you just send it unprompted? Thank in advance! ?

Archived