• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/6/2018 at 6:56 AM, whitesocks said:

Has anyone not heard back from this program? emoji849.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/7/2018 at 9:31 PM, whitesocks said:

i havent ?

I honestly wouldn't worry! It's so early and I'm almost positive they aren't only going to have one interview...When I called to make sure they received my interview acceptance they said they're super busy with their inaugural class and then processing all of our applications so just try and be patient (I know it's almost impossible to do so because we check this site every day, at least I do...haha) so just stay positive and when we interview and hear more info I'll make sure to post it on here for you all! ? 

5 hours ago, m1993 said:

for everyone who received an interview do any of you mind sharing stats?? Congrats!

I don't like sharing my stats or reading other peoples because it scares me haha? but i will do it for you!

about 5000 PCE hours as a phlebotomist, CNA in brain and spine, back office medical assistant/scribe in Dermatology and Urgent care

174 shadowing hours, 299 volunteer hours, 1232 leadership hours

3.46 cummulative GPA, 3.19 science GPA

I am originally from Carson City, NV. My family still lives there. I have lived in Utah for 6 years now and did D1 gymnastics in college. 

21 hours ago, nataliet7 said:

I don't like sharing my stats or reading other peoples because it scares me haha? but i will do it for you!

about 5000 PCE hours as a phlebotomist, CNA in brain and spine, back office medical assistant/scribe in Dermatology and Urgent care

174 shadowing hours, 299 volunteer hours, 1232 leadership hours

3.46 cummulative GPA, 3.19 science GPA

I am originally from Carson City, NV. My family still lives there. I have lived in Utah for 6 years now and did D1 gymnastics in college. 

thank you!!! i’m the same way, I have very similar stats! I don’t live in NV but hopefully they still consider a good amount of out of state! good luck!! 

Hey everyone! I was at the interview yesterday and figured I'd share the answers to what you were all asking! 

Brian said they are planning to have two more interview sessions, one in October and one in November. They told us the earliest we would know about acceptances would be a week or two from yesterday but could take up until January for final spots. 

Don't lose hope and know they're still going to send out invites! The faculty is awesome and encourages you to call if you feel like you haven't been contacted and think you should have by now so don't hesitate to e-mail or call them.

Best of luck!

1 hour ago, NicoleJo said:

Hey everyone! I was at the interview yesterday and figured I'd share the answers to what you were all asking! 

Brian said they are planning to have two more interview sessions, one in October and one in November. They told us the earliest we would know about acceptances would be a week or two from yesterday but could take up until January for final spots. 

Don't lose hope and know they're still going to send out invites! The faculty is awesome and encourages you to call if you feel like you haven't been contacted and think you should have by now so don't hesitate to e-mail or call them.

Best of luck!

Hey Nicole!

Do you mind sharing what the interview was like? I hope it went well for you!

12 minutes ago, Leric11 said:

Hey Nicole!

Do you mind sharing what the interview was like? I hope it went well for you!

Unfortunately, we can’t share any info about the actual interview... but it was very laid back and super welcoming! The only real tip I can give is to just be yourself and have fun! The faculty really just wants to get to know you so dress comfortably (especially shoes) and get to know everyone ?

4 minutes ago, NicoleJo said:

Unfortunately, we can’t share any info about the actual interview... but it was very laid back and super welcoming! The only real tip I can give is to just be yourself and have fun! The faculty really just wants to get to know you so dress comfortably (especially shoes) and get to know everyone ?

Yes, that makes sense. Thank you! I'm interviewing there in a couple weeks, very nervous but also really hopeful! I'll plan on wearing flats ?

15 minutes ago, Leric11 said:

Yes, that makes sense. Thank you! I'm interviewing there in a couple weeks, very nervous but also really hopeful! I'll plan on wearing flats ?

Congrats! It was a really fun experience so don’t stress and yes, WEAR FLATS...I wore short heals for the reception and my toes are still hurting! ?

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:37 AM, gaguirre85 said:

On Thursday I received an invite for the interview being held on Oct 12 & 13. I'll be flying in from Vegas. Feeling so thankful!

Congrats and good luck on your interview! if you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your supplemental app?

On 9/23/2018 at 1:24 PM, NicoleJo said:

Best of luck!

What did they provide as the best email to contact them as, if you don’t mind me asking ?

31 minutes ago, m1993 said:

What did they provide as the best email to contact them as, if you don’t mind me asking ?

So I went back and looked through the info they gave us and they actually didn’t give us a contact sheet...with that being said, all contact I’ve received has been through the e-mail: paprogram@med.unr.edu 

Hope this helps!

Anyone that interviewed on the 12/13 have any information regarding sending out acceptances?! They told the people that are under "active consideration" that final decisions will be made in December but I'm wondering if Brian said anything about us finding out sooner or just any information regarding how many seats have been filled?

Hope you guys had a blast! ?

Archived