University of Nevada Reno 2018-2019

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@opcionD I just applied a couple of days ago, I just got an email from the program saying that I qualify for the program and now need to complete the supplemental. I would love to learn more about what went on last year and if accepted students had to postpone or what happened por any other thoughts on the program ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/21/2018 at 7:40 PM, applicant24 said:

How strict do you think they are about their "B-" and above requirement on their prereqs. My GPA is way above a 2.75 and I want to apply but that one line on their website is holding me back 

My guess would be that if you have lower than a B- for any of the prereqs you will automatically be filtered out. If you really want to apply I would contact the school and ask how that works, because it may be a waste of money to apply if the computer filters you out before anyone has a chance to view your application. 

On 7/21/2018 at 5:40 PM, applicant24 said:

How strict do you think they are about their "B-" and above requirement on their prereqs. My GPA is way above a 2.75 and I want to apply but that one line on their website is holding me back 

Do you have below the requirement grade for every course or just one? As an example during their little open house they said that for the general chem requirement you simply pick one of your chemistry courses (so preferably the one you did best in) and put that into your app. They said they will obviously see your entire transcript regardless of the specific chemistry grade you selected for CASPA but that they pick students holistically and not on GPA alone!

Hope this helps!

On 7/24/2018 at 4:27 PM, NicoleJo said:

Do you have below the requirement grade for every course or just one? As an example during their little open house they said that for the general chem requirement you simply pick one of your chemistry courses (so preferably the one you did best in) and put that into your app. They said they will obviously see your entire transcript regardless of the specific chemistry grade you selected for CASPA but that they pick students holistically and not on GPA alone!

Hope this helps!

I have 2 C's but everything else is above a B-! So I may just email and ask to be sure because I don't want to waste money and be filtered out, but if they look at applicants holistically that is what I need!! 

On 7/27/2018 at 3:09 PM, applicant24 said:

I have 2 C's but everything else is above a B-! So I may just email and ask to be sure because I don't want to waste money and be filtered out, but if they look at applicants holistically that is what I need!! 

They must have mentioned viewing applicants holistically 5 times so I think you'll be OK especially if you call and make sure!

On 7/30/2018 at 12:30 PM, NicoleJo said:

They must have mentioned viewing applicants holistically 5 times so I think you'll be OK especially if you call and make sure!

I just recently emailed them with my question about getting less than a B- and they replied with a copy paste of the website highlighting the line about "nothingless than B-" so I guess not ? 

1 hour ago, applicant24 said:

I just recently emailed them with my question about getting less than a B- and they replied with a copy paste of the website highlighting the line about "nothingless than B-" so I guess not ? 

Hmm, weird...for instance I have a C+ in general chemistry but a B- in the second general chemistry so for my application I used the second general chemistry grade I received and not the first. During their open house they had mentioned that as long as you're fulfilling the requirement with any of your general chemistry courses and it's a B- that thats fine...I guess I'll soon find out if it's true or not because I applied and am hoping for an interview! ?

On caspa the question section, the limit is only 100 characters for the two questions: why do you want to attend this program and what will you contribute. Did anyone else have only this 100 character limit? It doesn’t seem like enough to write a response, it only lets about a sentence. Do they send additional supplement questions?

4 hours ago, m1993 said:

On caspa the question section, the limit is only 100 characters for the two questions: why do you want to attend this program and what will you contribute. Did anyone else have only this 100 character limit? It doesn’t seem like enough to write a response, it only lets about a sentence. Do they send additional supplement questions?

If all requirements are met they send an additional supplemental application. However, the character limit for those questions is still only about 250, so it's also very short. 

Archived