2018-2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:56 PM, coderedjohnson said:

I got my updated file score of 10 exactly post interview, what do you think my chances are of getting into ISU?

Hey there, looking on past forums, it looks like they went down to around 9.7 so I'd think you should definitely have a chance. I'd reccommend contacting Ann about it.... I feel like ISU is great about being transparent with things like this. Good luck to you!

1 hour ago, carlzbarkley said:

Hey there, looking on past forums, it looks like they went down to around 9.7 so I'd think you should definitely have a chance. I'd reccommend contacting Ann about it.... I feel like ISU is great about being transparent with things like this. Good luck to you!

The 9.7 was how low you saw it go for the initial acceptances or the people who got in off the waitlist?

46 minutes ago, Hilldon0123 said:

The 9.7 was how low you saw it go for the initial acceptances or the people who got in off the waitlist?

I'm honestly not sure, sorry. The only thing I'm pulling this info from is that I just looked back on old forums and other people posted saying the score they ended up accepting, so it may not even be viable info! Ann would be a much better resource haha.

1 hour ago, carlzbarkley said:

I'm honestly not sure, sorry. The only thing I'm pulling this info from is that I just looked back on old forums and other people posted saying the score they ended up accepting, so it may not even be viable info! Ann would be a much better resource haha.

Ann wouldn’t give me an answer as to how low it has gone in the past because she said it doesn’t translate from year to year. 

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, cicelyc said:

HI!!! How long does it take once you get the interview email to get the interview phone call? When they call, will they ask me what campus I want, or is that later, like after acceptant? Any interview tips???

Hi there! It took a little less than two weeks for me to get the call to schedule. They let you pick a date, and that will determine which campus you interview at, then you fill out a campus preference form. They said you can fill that out after you interview too if that is what you prefer! & the interview was by far the most relaxed I’ve had, so try not to be nervous (easier said than done!) my tip is to attend the campus tour beforehand, and to drive to the place beforehand (if you’re interviewing at Meridian, the location is at the back and my Uber driver had a real tough time finding it). Also, just the classic things to have in your pocket: why you are awesome, why ISU, why PA, all that jazz. good luck!!

40 minutes ago, cicelyc said:

Thank you so much! Did they actually ask you why PA? I have prepared for that question but have never actually been asked so far. Just curious!

Hey there, I don’t want to give away any specific questions on account of professionalism and in order be fair to everyone else.... but i think it would never hurt to know the answer to that question if you’re interviewing to be a PA! 

3 hours ago, Sky9999 said:

18 acceptances, 75 interviews left and the in review list has 52 as of this morning.

-does anybody know what the significance of your number in the review list is? 

Your "in review" number is essentially your ranking. The top ranked applicants will get acceptance offers first, then they make their way down the list depending on how many applicants decline the offer. Hope this helps!

Guest Kittycat
13 hours ago, cicelyc said:

Hey! I am trying to rpepare more for my interview and I re-read the info page on their website. It says there will be three 15 minute one-on-one mini interviews. Is this the same thing as the MMI format?

Hey cicelyc,

I cannot disclose whether the interview is MMI or not because of professionalism. My best answer to your question is to be very honest with your answer. Also, it does not hurt to practice some MMI!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived