2018-2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Kt901 said:

Hilldon0123, I have no invite either. But, my email sent 8/20 said to give them 3 weeks. So, possibly we're not there yet . . . 

File Score: 5.45

cGPA: 3.6

PCE: over 1,500 as an ED scribe

I got an email 8/20 too, but it did not say specifically to wait three weeks so that’s good to know. 

So I just started looking at farther west schools. Wondering if you guys think it is too late to apply? I know my file score (based on what I calculated) will be above a 5.0....

Also, will they look at me if I haven't done the Casper test yet?

Hey! I didn't hear anything from them until a few weeks after my CASPer test, so I believe the actual review process doesn't start till it is received. I would double check with Ann Smalley though! She's been coordinating everything and is a great resource:)

And if money isnt an issue and you have calculated you'll be above the 5 then do it!! No harm in adding your name to the hat if it's a school you're really interested in attending!

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, jmelville said:

Awesome! Are you doing the tour before?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Yeah I was there! I had a really good experience. FYI for everyone who has interviewed, you can email Ann afterward asking for your updated file score and she'll send that to you, I already got mine back from today less than an hour after we finished. Also, it sounded as though they won't be making any early offers until the end of October after they've done enough interviews to get a good idea of this cycle's average scores.

-Sam

5 hours ago, dragonarmy said:

Yeah I was there! I had a really good experience. FYI for everyone who has interviewed, you can email Ann afterward asking for your updated file score and she'll send that to you, I already got mine back from today less than an hour after we finished. Also, it sounded as though they won't be making any early offers until the end of October after they've done enough interviews to get a good idea of this cycle's average scores.

-Sam

What is the updated file score? Is it based off the same things and it’s just updated pre-reqs if you had out standing ones or they add new things into the score?

54 minutes ago, Hilldon0123 said:

What is the updated file score? Is it based off the same things and it’s just updated pre-reqs if you had out standing ones or they add new things into the score?

I’m pretty sure that it’s the same file score, plus an interview score, plus the mission survey point if that applies! 

38 minutes ago, qwerty12345 said:

In order to get an early acceptance do we have to get a file score above a certain score? I know my updated file score but I'm not really sure what it means in the big picture.  Thanks!

Yes that's how I understand it, they may also review the CASPer score but when I asked Ann she said they won't be taking it too much into consideration this first cycle that it's being used. In the past, I believe the early acceptance scores started around 10.15-10.20 and moved down from there throughout the interview season, but it's recalculated each cycle depending on the current applicant pool's scores. Not sure what scores the final offers go to in March or the alternate list, however. 

Archived