2018-2019 George Washington University

6 minutes ago, LauraSiS said:

I believe all of the October 20th interview invites have gone out but the November 3rd invites should be sent this week. Fingers crossed for all of us waiting to hear!

Great, thanks! How do you know? Anxiously waiting to hear

Edited by mbob1320
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Cac8rz said:

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone knew if the early acceptances for the people who interviewed on 9/27 had gone out yet. I keep jumping every time my phone buzzes. Thanks!

Nothing here yet - they said their adcom would be meeting last week or this week, but it looks like the early acceptance notifications tend to get sent out in three weeks (which would put any early acceptance notifications at a week from tomorrow, Friday 10/19). That's a rough estimate based on scrounging through three years of forum data, but I'm trying not to stress too much until next Friday haha.

Guest Kittycat
15 minutes ago, SmityWerbenYagerManJensen said:

Does anyone know what time the informal even the night before starts? I'm trying to plan which bus to take!

Unfortunately, I have not received an email about the informal event and time! However, I am sure they will send it soon!  ?

13 hours ago, SmityWerbenYagerManJensen said:

Does anyone know what time the informal even the night before starts? I'm trying to plan which bus to take!

I just received the email this morning and it gives you the time and location of the informal meet up. So you should get it soon I'm sure. The event runs on Friday from 6-8pm, hope to see some of you there!

I received a call from Dr. Wright on Monday (interviewed 9/29); still doesn't feel real to me! 

Good luck to everyone who has upcoming interviews or is waiting to hear back!

I know they said that most people won't find out about their status until Dec/Jan so please do not stress!!

Edited by pengwen
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, pengwen said:

I received a call from Dr. Wright on Monday (interviewed 10/29); still doesn't feel real to me! 

Good luck to everyone who has upcoming interviews or is waiting to hear back!

I know they said that most people won't find out about their status until Dec/Jan so please do not stress!!

Me too! I'm still in absolute shock and I've been double-checking my call logs like a crazy person to make sure I didn't imagine the whole thing!

I can't wait to see who else is going to join the class in the coming weeks and months! ? Best of luck to everyone and I can't wait to meet you at orientation! ? 

• Like 3

On 10/17/2018 at 8:39 PM, nichole96 said:

Me too! I'm still in absolute shock and I've been double-checking my call logs like a crazy person to make sure I didn't imagine the whole thing! 

I can't wait to see who else is going to join the class in the coming weeks and months! ? Best of luck to everyone and I can't wait to meet you at orientation! ? 

I was at work when they called me and I felt the same way. I still have that voicemail saved. Congrats! ?

• Like 2

Guest SuperAgonist
50 minutes ago, ARMANDO411468 said:

Congrats! May I ask when you were verified? Still crossing my fingers hoping to hear from GW!

Thanks! I was verified June 18, told my file was under review on July 3, and then radio silence until this morning. 

2 hours ago, MorganT said:

Hello!

I am interviewing on Nov 3rd and would love input on the interview process at GWU (only what you can reveal). Thanks!

There's an overview of the program, a 10-round MMI interview, a writing prompt, and many panels for you to ask questions and get a comprehensive feel for the school. All of the staff and students are extremely nice and try to make you as comfortable as possible. 

• Like 1

Guest SuperAgonist

Is it fine to miss the informal meet up the night before? Would I be missing out on a lot? I'm flying in after another interview and most likely won't be able to make it.