2018-2019 George Washington University

Guest Kittycat

Based on the 2016-2017 year’s thread, most people hear about their results around December 19th! However, some people from last year were accepted earlier than December. Don't lose hope, and I hope this helps! 🙂

Edited by Kittycat

Hope everyone had a good time at the Saturday interview and found the experience useful. Best of luck to all of you!

I do want to comment on one thing, however. We had 11 no-shows (out of 60 interviewees) on Saturday. That's disrespectful to the faculty, staff, and students who put a lot of time into organizing and running those interview days, but much more importantly it's incredibly disrespectful to fellow applicants. Those are 11 spots we could have used to give 11 more people a shot at GW. Please, please, please if you are not going to go to an interview you've accepted contact the program (any program, not just GW) at least 24 hours in advance and let them know so they can fill your slot. It might give someone the chance to interview at their dream school. I am very, very sorry to anyone that didn't get to interview at GW this year, and thank you to everyone that showed up. We really do enjoy having you visit.

Again, best of luck wherever you end up!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

12 hours ago, GWUlian said:

Hope everyone had a good time at the Saturday interview and found the experience useful. Best of luck to all of you!

I do want to comment on one thing, however. We had 11 no-shows (out of 60 interviewees) on Saturday. That's disrespectful to the faculty, staff, and students who put a lot of time into organizing and running those interview days, but much more importantly it's incredibly disrespectful to fellow applicants. Those are 11 spots we could have used to give 11 more people a shot at GW. Please, please, please if you are not going to go to an interview you've accepted contact the program (any program, not just GW) at least 24 hours in advance and let them know so they can fill your slot. It might give someone the chance to interview at their dream school. I am very, very sorry to anyone that didn't get to interview at GW this year, and thank you to everyone that showed up. We really do enjoy having you visit.

Again, best of luck wherever you end up!

Thank you for all of your input on this feed! Do you know if they will interview more people because of the no shows?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GWUlian said:

Unfortunately not, which is what contributes to how frustrating and upsetting it is. In my personal opinion if I found out one of our accepted students did this to another program I'd say that was grounds to rescind their offer. This situation really sucks.

Wow that is very frustrating. I make sure to notify schools as soon as I know I cannot attend the program so that other students get a chance. It is so easy to write an email to admissions or call up a school. Also, all the programs I have notified are always understanding of my situation and very respectful. 

Edited by seeemwhy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@GWUlian I interviewed this past weekend and have 2 questions I forgot to mention. 

1. What’s the incoming class size? How many MPH/PA students are accepted? 

2. Will students from this session receive “early acceptance” phone calls in the coming days? Or will everyone just be notified before the holidays? 

Thank you so much for your help!! 

mbob1320 I'm right there with you and I am so sorry. I hope things work out at another school for you.

Class sizes are around 65. MPH/PA classes can be from 6 to up to 15 I think is the largest class size GW has had in recent memory. The previous year's MPH size determines how many solo PA students get accepted, as they take up a portion of the 65-person "pool." I don't know what that number is for this year.

Since this is the last interview session Dr. Wright said there wouldn't be "early acceptance" calls or emails. Everyone in the pool will be considered and should hear back from the program before the holidays.

• Like 1

Received an acceptance email yesterday for the PA/MPH [emoji846]  Out of curiosity [mention=133969]GWUlian[/mention] do you know how many typically apply for the PA/MPH in comparison to the solo PA program?

Could I message you about you’re stats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone! I was accepted to GW in November and am incredibly excited and fortunate for this opportunity!! I was just wondering if anyone had received any additional instructions aside from placing the deposit, securing a spot and creating a GW email? I have not recieved any emails since the deposit confirmation and link to create our GW email. Are there any deadlines or anything I should be completing as of now such as background checks, health physicals, etc.? I don’t want to be behind or missing critical deadlines and was wondering if everyone else is in this spot as well. 

Hello Everyone!!

Received the most awaited and much anticipated call from the program director Dr.Wright congratulating me on acceptance into the program. I interviewed on 1st December and I loved the staff and the students and was praying to get in to this prestigious university. my prayers are answered and will be a part of the class entering summer 2019. Thanks to everyone and all the best for all who are waiting patiently. Take care.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Hi everyone! 

I also received great news from Dr. Wright today! As one who got an invite just days before the interview, I’m still in shock and so thrilled for this opportunity  

To those still waiting, keep thinking positively. At the end of the interview day 12/1, she did mention this time of year is busy with finals, so they could get back to you any time before Christmas! And always remember, there’s a waitlist! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3