2018-2019 George Washington University

On 10/28/2018 at 12:15 AM, SuperAgonist said:

Is it fine to miss the informal meet up the night before? Would I be missing out on a lot? I'm flying in after another interview and most likely won't be able to make it.

That’s fine! It’s a voluntary event to meet with current students (in case you want to ask them any questions) and fellow applicants (so you can all stress together lol). There are three different panels on the day of your interview so you’ll have plenty of time to ask questions then

Nothing here yet either. From this and past threads, it looks like the soonest they give out early acceptances is about three weeks after the interview so we wouldn't hear until next week. If you don't hear back by then they said to definitely not count yourself out! They'd take a look at all the interviewees again and try to get all the decisions out before Christmas. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

20 hours ago, PAtoBe369 said:

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted, and good luck to those who have interviewed! Does anyone know if there will still be an interview on Dec 1st and if so, have all invites been sent yet?  Thank you in advance to those who respond!

Hello, I got my invite for Dec 1 about half an hour ago so they must be sending out the invites today into next week. Wishing you luck!

Edited by guolinda

18 hours ago, ddaram said:

I got an interview invite for December 1st a few minutes back. Any advice from people who got accepted or interviewed on the type of questions and writing prompt they ask. I am flying from Houston, TX on Friday the 30th. Thanks

We can’t comment on the questions they ask, but they were a wide variety! They’re looking for your maturity, professionalism and critical thinking skills rather than your medical knowledge. My best advice is to time yourself while you practice answering questions. You have to be able to think out loud, and explain how you come to your conclusions. And don’t ever stress about having the “right” answers. I thought I messed up at least 3-4 of my questions but was accepted! Good luck! 

• 2 weeks later...