Chapman University: 2018-2019

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe they are offering acceptances already! My interview is scheduled for 7/27 and I am so excited! I'm hopeful that applying much earlier this year (this is my second try) will work in our favor. I'll share my stats for comparison, I have much fewer PCH than most applicants I've been hearing from and I want to give others in the same boat some hope!

GPA: 3.79

GRE: 320

PCH: 1100

HCH: 500

Volunteering: 350

Shadowing: 75

Did anyone interview on June 21st and receive an acceptance offer yet? That's the date that I interviewed but I haven't heard back ?

So far the people on this thread whom said they were offered a seat stated they interviewed on June 14th, soo this gives me a LITTLE bit of hope that I'm not out of the game yet...

Hope this makes sense

On 7/9/2018 at 8:46 AM, cdunca02 said:

I can't believe they are offering acceptances already! My interview is scheduled for 7/27 and I am so excited! I'm hopeful that applying much earlier this year (this is my second try) will work in our favor. I'll share my stats for comparison, I have much fewer PCH than most applicants I've been hearing from and I want to give others in the same boat some hope!

GPA: 3.79

GRE: 320

PCH: 1100

HCH: 500

Volunteering: 350

Shadowing: 75

Awesome GPA!

I'm sure you will do fine your second time around. Wishing you the very best ? We're all in this together. . . 

22 minutes ago, zoom123 said:

has anyone received a denial?

Rejections and waitlists don’t get sent out until October (admissions coordinator told me this during my interview day)

nevertheless, I know I didn’t get in because I haven’t received an acceptance phone call and it’s been a month since my interview day (acceptances usually get sent out pretty quickly; that’s my understanding about Chapman)... 

On 7/23/2018 at 12:13 PM, ckatie said:

Just received an interview invitation! I will be out of the country 8/31 so I will be interviewing 9/7! Can't wait! Second time interviewing with this great program. See everyone there.

?

Congrats! What will the interview format be? Group or individual interview? Are they traditional questions or more ethical/behavioral questions? 

I'm a little late to post on here, but I received an offer to interview on 7/9 (verified 6/14). I chose the 8/31 interview date. I'll be flying in from Texas and I am super excited to meet everyone!! This is my second time applying, although I did not apply to Chapman in the previous cycle.

On 7/24/2018 at 5:26 PM, purpleberry said:

Congrats! What will the interview format be? Group or individual interview? Are they traditional questions or more ethical/behavioral questions? 

I interviewed the first year they opened their PA program. I am sure they have changed the style of it since then. It was a very relaxed experience, interviewed individually with two different members, got a tour of the facility, served us lunch. Had a short essay. I wouldn't count on it being the exact same however as programs tend to grow and learn. 

22 hours ago, caliPA33 said:

Hey everyone! 

I am interviewing this Friday. Any tips on the interview day??

anything helps. Thanks!

Hi there,

I'd say just relax and try to enjoy the day as it goes by pretty quick. You should have a lot of time to chat with current students while the others are being interviewed so take advantage of that time and ask plenty of questions. After that you should have a clear idea of what the program is like. 

Best of luck.

14 hours ago, thehuladancer said:

When did you interview? It looks like people having been getting the acceptance call about 2 weeks after their interview 

I interviewed on 7/13 so I’m past the 2 week mark but I did see that people were getting acceptance calls 2 weeks after, too, based on what’s been posted on the forum. So far, I haven’t read others receiving any acceptance calls so I’m still hoping that they’re still making decisions and that there’s still a chance for me. Here’s to positive thinking and staying hopeful! 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived