New Graduate GI Resources

Curious if anyone had recommendations for useful gastroenterology books, as I will begin working in an inpatient & outpatient setting in 2 weeks. I would like to study the "basics" so the practice doesn't instantly regret hiring me ;) Any recommendations (or even advice) is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

(P.S. -- yes, I did see that the same question was posted in 2011. Though, would like to see if people have different ideas 7 years later!)

• 1 month later...

Hi, welcome to GI. A lot of the learning happens on the job so you'll probably be fine without having to read a ton.

The Mayo Clinic Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review book was helpful and gives you basic information for general GI/liver diseases.

I would also encourage going through official clinical guidelines from ACG because it tells you exactly what you need to know for practice. Key things are pancreatitis, GI bleeding, IBD, IB/functional, and CRC.

http://gi.org/clinical-guidelines/clinical-guidelines-sortable-list/