2018 - 2019 OHSU Application Thread

Hi everyone ?

My name is Maryann and I applied very late in the cycle (the week it was due!). Still waiting to hear back but wanted to thank everyone for keeping this conversation going - it is extremely helpful with all the stress of waiting! Best of luck to all of you and will update what happens with my app when I hear back. 

My Background:

• Social Work/Psychology double major
  • sGPA 3.52
  • HCE hours a bit over 2000 working on an L1 Trauma/Surgery unit 
  • Fellowship in palliative care and hospice
  • Hopeful geriatric primary care provider in a rural setting 

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/10/2018 at 5:37 PM, Tsu89 said:

Just confirmed an interview date of October 10th. If anyone else has an interview that day, let me know! I'm open to meeting up the day before on the 9th to get to know other applicants before the big day. Good luck to everyone else still waiting! Just be patient. Last time I interviewed at OHSU I didn't hear back until way later in the cycle.

On 9/11/2018 at 5:48 PM, CaliPA6 said:

Just confirmed my interview for October 10! So excited and cannot wait ? 

On 10/4/2018 at 7:59 PM, anruan2008 said:

Hi guys! First round of interview is coming up, you guys ready? Anyone wants to meet up before the interview?

I am free Tuesday night if any of you still want to meet up. I live in the general area so I could meet up anywhere.

@BrittLundy, yes so many fingers crossed that we do hear soon. I have a feeling I'm not the only one biting their nails off and checking their email hourly ? I bet a huge group of applications came in late July-early August and they are trying to get through those.  Also thanks for responding, I truly appreciate hearing from others in the same boat. Best of luck! 

On 10/1/2018 at 11:14 AM, Delanie said:

I’m new to this forum and will be applying next cycle!! I was just wondering for those that got interviews, were you able to pick the interview date? I’m getting married in the summer and trying to plan our honeymoon, but I’m worried about interview dates!! Also same question for those that applied to other schools? Thanks!

This happened to one of my classmates where she was offered an interview during her wedding/honeymoon. She was able to pick a later date and is now a student. 

Good luck! Back to studying...

23 hours ago, Pagingn said:

For those who have interviewed, or are interviewing in the near future, where did you stay? 

Hotel vs. Airbnb, I know they gave a pretty extensive list, but figured id ask the forum as well! 

University Place Hotel was affordable and clean. They were friendly and it's one MAX station away from the waterfront on the "orange line". If you mention you're there for the interview they give a discounted rate. They also have a continental breakfast starting at 630am that is actually pretty good! I ate some toast and fruit to try to get something in my stomach before the interview.

57 minutes ago, catsandscrubs said:

@mkimbe congrats! Thats amazing ? Take every victor for what it is because this is a long hard process. I wish you luck with hearing further! Thanks for keeping us updated as well. Oh also, what date where you verified? (If you don’t mind me asking haha) 

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm glad that I heard something at least! I was verified by CASPA on 8/8 and complete with OHSU on 8/16

2 hours ago, mkimbe said:

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm glad that I heard something at least! I was verified by CASPA on 8/8 and complete with OHSU on 8/16

Oh man.. we were verified/app complete on the same days and I haven’t heard anything.  

Im jealous that you got some good news!

35 minutes ago, annegendreau said:

Yes I did! Feel free to message me

Me too! I would love to meet up onthe 2nd, late afternoon. I've already sent a message to a few people but am terrible about checking back in on messages. I will try to get one out this weekend. On my break and need to get back to work. ?

Archived