2018 - 2019 OHSU Application Thread

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ctsaypolyglot said:

Hi everyone! I’m new to this forum and it’s nice to see all the love and support from fellow applicants. I submitted my app pretty late into the cycle and got verified 8/2. Ahh ??Anyone in the same situation?

Same boat for me! Verified 8/8 so we probably have quite a while to wait ?

16 hours ago, ctsaypolyglot said:

Hi everyone! I’m new to this forum and it’s nice to see all the love and support from fellow applicants. I submitted my app pretty late into the cycle and got verified 8/2. Ahh ??Anyone in the same situation?

Same here! It'll probably be a while 'til we all hear back. 

On 9/14/2018 at 10:37 AM, pnwpabound said:

Awesome!! Best of luck to you. I too was on the alternate list last cycle and I am waiting to hear back about an interview. Fingers crossed!

I applied last year and interviewed as well. Hoping to get another interview this year. My application was complete at the end of July. I haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone heard yet that was complete by July 31?

On 9/6/2018 at 8:07 PM, Mokat1298 said:

Did you also apply to Pacific University? I hear they focus more on academic success. When did your application get verified through OHSU? If you don’t mind sharing? 

I applied to Pacific 3 times and NOTHING! They do highly value a high GPA. My overall is 3.3 and science is 3.5. But I have really good hce and volunteer experience. So I'm hoping that ohsu looks at that more favorably. My application was complete July 31

21 hours ago, HighlandCH said:

I applied last year and interviewed as well. Hoping to get another interview this year. My application was complete at the end of July. I haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone heard yet that was complete by July 31?

That's about the time I applied as well and I haven't heard anything. Just "patiently" waiting. Good luck to you! 

Also, I applied to Pacific last year and didn't get an invite. I contacted them on how to approve my application and it was obvious to me I wasn't what they were looking for in terms of GPA so instead of repeat all my undergrad coursework I decided not to apply there this year. I'm in a similar boat as you. Good healthcare experience, lots of volunteer work and not a super strong GPA.  

2 hours ago, lilmems said:

Received my rejection email today, good luck to those of you with interviews/still waiting!

44 minutes ago, ctsaypolyglot said:

Same ? Good luck to everyone! OHSU is my dream school and was very fortunate to have interviewed last yr.

Looks like they may have sent a batch of rejections out earlier today. I'm out of the game too.

15 hours ago, pharynxlarynxshmarynx said:

Looks like they may have sent a batch of rejections out earlier today. I'm out of the game too.

16 hours ago, ctsaypolyglot said:

Same ? Good luck to everyone! OHSU is my dream school and was very fortunate to have interviewed last yr.

? I was gutted, but the email contained a lot of useful info at least... Good luck to you all with your other apps!

I wonder if there are any reapplicants in the forum, did you submit your reapplication plan to them before reapplying like they recommend? Did you find the feedback helpful? Thanks!

So I wasn't offered an interview but was told my application would be on "hold for potential interview" until October. They said I'll know by Nov 2nd and if they decide to invite me for an interview it will be in November-Jan. Anyone else get something like this or have experience with being on hold? I'm not taking it as good or bad news...

2 hours ago, CassidyEG said:

So I wasn't offered an interview but was told my application would be on "hold for potential interview" until October. They said I'll know by Nov 2nd and if they decide to invite me for an interview it will be in November-Jan. Anyone else get something like this or have experience with being on hold? I'm not taking it as good or bad news...

You’re not alone. I received the same email. Stay hopeful ? 

4 hours ago, CassidyEG said:

Same here, I interviewed last year but didn’t get accepted, hopefully this year will have a better luck. 

17 hours ago, CassidyEG said:

Hopefully, you will hear back then with positive news! ? When was your application complete and sent for full review at OHSU?

17 hours ago, CassidyEG said:

I got this last year... And I ended up getting an interview and was accepted. I took it as bad news when I got that email and completely wasted energy getting worried about it. Seems like you have the right attitude, stay positive and good luck!!

Archived