2018 - 2019 OHSU Application Thread

4 minutes ago, Lindsey17 said:

Thank you! I don't think my stats are very impressive but I have a good amount of experience as an RN.

I think experience as an RN is very impressive!

OHSU definitely prefers applicants with high quality PCE and being a nurse is some of the best you can get. Not surprised you got an interview offer. Good luck! 

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, hmtpnw said:

I think experience as an RN is very impressive!

OHSU definitely prefers applicants with high quality PCE and being a nurse is some of the best you can get. Not surprised you got an interview offer. Good luck! 

Thanks again! Yes, that's why I sought out this program. I'm very excited

Guest meepjamz
1 hour ago, Lindsey17 said:

Thanks again! Yes, that's why I sought out this program. I'm very excited

Thanks for the update! That's great news for you and it's cool to hear they're offering interviews too. ?  congrats !

Just got an email from OHSU. My application is in a ‘hold for potential interview’ status. “The admissions committee will meet again at the end of October to finalize decisions for candidates with a hold status.  At that time they will determine whether to extend an interview invitation to you for a potential November through early January interview with OHSU.  Expect to be notified by November 2nd regarding the Committee’s decision. “

CASPA verified 5/21

OHSU verified 6/6

Congrats to those who were offered interviews. My biggest advice: be confident and be yourself on interview day. 

Don't give up hope if you're on hold for an interview. I got that email, and I got in. I think that status may reflect the fact that they haven't gotten around to making a decision on your status and less so a "you're on the waitlist" situation. 

46 minutes ago, Oregoncoast said:

Congrats to those who were offered interviews. My biggest advice: be confident and be yourself on interview day. 

Don't give up hope if you're on hold for an interview. I got that email, and I got in. I think that status may reflect the fact that they haven't gotten around to making a decision on your status and less so a "you're on the waitlist" situation. 

Thank you so much for sharing. I was feeling nervous. Hope to see everyone when it comes time for interviews! Best wishes to all. 

1 hour ago, Oregoncoast said:

Thank for the advice! Can you give any insight on what the interview day is like? Individual vs group vs MMI interviews? Thanks!

12 hours ago, Raiders4sho said:

I was verified on 7/23 haven't heard anything yet. Good luck to you guys!

Also complete with OHSU mid July, 7/18, and haven’t heard anything. Seems like interviews are going out to those who were complete in June right now.

I’m trying really hard not to freak out because I know it’s early and they likely haven’t gotten to many July applications yet. It’s so hard not to stress though ??‍♀️

15 hours ago, hmtpnw said:

Also complete with OHSU mid July, 7/18, and haven’t heard anything. Seems like interviews are going out to those who were complete in June right now.

I’m trying really hard not to freak out because I know it’s early and they likely haven’t gotten to many July applications yet. It’s so hard not to stress though ??‍♀️

Yes same here, just patiently waiting. I just keep telling myself that no new is better than bad news lol. 

Archived