2018 - 2019 OHSU Application Thread

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, beckendra said:

Hi all! I applied May 17th, just got an email from OHSU with a rejection. Kind of a bummer for me, but wanted to let you all know that they're starting to send official communications out via email. Best of luck to everyone!!

Thanks so much for sharing! It's nice to know where things are at.

Good luck this cycle.

12 hours ago, beckendra said:

Hi all! I applied May 17th, just got an email from OHSU with a rejection. Kind of a bummer for me, but wanted to let you all know that they're starting to send official communications out via email. Best of luck to everyone!!

Hi there,

I received the same news yesterday. Best of luck with the rest of the app cycle. Are you an Oregon resident by chance? I applied from out of state and I'm just curious how much of an impact that may have.

Take care

52 minutes ago, SW2PA said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Did ya'll all apply in early May? I was confirmed mid-june and am not an Oregon resident (though I live in Washington so a little closer) and I'm just wondering if they're still working down the pile. 

Hey there,

I live in Washington as well. My CASPA was verified 5/21/18. OHSU had my application compiled by June 6th with an estimated response by August 15th (10 weeks from when email was received).  I haven't had any correspondence with OHSU since 6/6/18, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll hear back within the next couple weeks.  

3 hours ago, SW2PA said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Did ya'll all apply in early May? I was confirmed mid-june and am not an Oregon resident (though I live in Washington so a little closer) and I'm just wondering if they're still working down the pile. 

I'm an Oregon resident, application complete 6/14 and still haven't heard anything. Not sure where they are as far as applications but hopefully interview invites are coming out next. 

20 hours ago, Stanfordman84 said:

Hi there,

I received the same news yesterday. Best of luck with the rest of the app cycle. Are you an Oregon resident by chance? I applied from out of state and I'm just curious how much of an impact that may have.

Take care

I am not an Oregon resident. My stats are all above their average for their accepted class last year but maybe residency plays a bigger role than I thought. It may make a difference that I am not only not in Oregon, but not even close at all since I'm in the Midwest. Good luck to you!

2 hours ago, beckendra said:

I am not an Oregon resident. My stats are all above their average for their accepted class last year but maybe residency plays a bigger role than I thought. It may make a difference that I am not only not in Oregon, but not even close at all since I'm in the Midwest. Good luck to you!

Usually a little more than half of the class ends up being Oregon residents. Last year it was nearly two thirds! So it does play a large role in admissions. 

From my understanding they don’t give preference to those with regional ties. You either have Oregon residency or Oregon heritage, or you don’t. If you don’t then you’re a non-resident. 

Good luck this cycle! 

Guest meepjamz
1 hour ago, PAHunter said:

Is anyone else dealing with the waiting process by just refreshing their email every 15 min?... 

YES! I feel like a crazy person constantly checking. 

9 minutes ago, Lindsey17 said:

Hi, just to update everyone, I received an email extending an interview offer but was not given a specific date/time yet. I do live far away so I am not sure if that factors into the notification time. 

Congratulations! Glad to hear the ball is rolling on interviews. 

Care to share your stats? 

Archived