2018 - 2019 OHSU Application Thread

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, HighlandCH said:

Those of you on the alternate list, any of you heard any news? Any of you make decisions about other schools? I've been moved from #18 to #16 due to a few people declining. I just wondered what the rest of you have heard. Colleen said they would be sending another status email out in the next few weeks.

Did Colleen send out an email when you've been moved from #18 to #16?  I didn't get any email update about my status moving up as of right now.  All I got was the initial email she sent out and that she'll update us after the last round of accepted applicants enroll or not near mid-end of February. I'm nervous!!

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone who was rejected after an interview have any experience with the following "develop a plan to build on your strengths, correct any self-identified weaknesses in your application and begin implementing your plan as soon as possible in an effort to make yourself as competitive as possible for the 2019-20 or subsequent admissions cycle". Such as what they are looking for and if they did this and were accepted the next year?

On 3/3/2019 at 8:51 PM, coley753 said:

Does anyone who was rejected after an interview have any experience with the following "develop a plan to build on your strengths, correct any self-identified weaknesses in your application and begin implementing your plan as soon as possible in an effort to make yourself as competitive as possible for the 2019-20 or subsequent admissions cycle". Such as what they are looking for and if they did this and were accepted the next year?

So what I did was, I went through their email with a fine toothed comb and thought of every way that I could possibly improve. In areas where I wasn't sure I gave suggestions and asked questions about what they thought would be best. I tried to be as detailed as I could. Then I had a phone conversation with Colleen. She went through my entire email and told me areas where she thought it would be best for me to work more on and areas where I was already doing well. It was really helpful and I was able to have a detailed conversation with her. I hope that helps. Let me know if you have questions

On 3/7/2019 at 11:55 PM, HighlandCH said:

So what I did was, I went through their email with a fine toothed comb and thought of every way that I could possibly improve. In areas where I wasn't sure I gave suggestions and asked questions about what they thought would be best. I tried to be as detailed as I could. Then I had a phone conversation with Colleen. She went through my entire email and told me areas where she thought it would be best for me to work more on and areas where I was already doing well. It was really helpful and I was able to have a detailed conversation with her. I hope that helps. Let me know if you have questions

Thank you so much. That is incredibly helpful and insightful!

Archived