2018 - 2019 OHSU Application Thread

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/20/2018 at 1:36 PM, HighlandCH said:

I was put on committee hold. And won't hear until Jan 25th. I interviewed on Dec 3rd. Anyone know what the acceptance chances are if you are on hold?

I'm not sure the exact "chances", but I can tell you that I was accepted off of the hold status earlier this cycle. It's kind of a bittersweet experience knowing you aren't rejected but you aren't accepted yet either. I was stressing hard about it. I saw one or two other people were offered spots after being placed on the hold status as well, so there is definitely still a chance! It just means that the committee did not form a conclusion about you yet and that you are still being compared to other applicants. My advice is to focus on work, hobbies, or family time around the holidays to get your mind off of it. Good luck!

Hiii guys!!! Super excited to be interviewing Jan 9th. Anyone else going to that interview and want to meet up the day before? I'm coming in from Los Angeles and would love to meet up and get to know you guys. :))))) Positive thoughts and best of luck to everyone waiting for a call or interviewing in January.

On 1/2/2019 at 10:44 AM, jamland said:

Does anyone know how many seats have been filled? I have an interview on January 14th and I'm just wondering what my odds are at this point! Happy New Year!

When I interviewed on 12/3 they said they had 5 people that had paid deposits. I'm sure there are many more by now. If they tell you will you update us?

On 1/2/2019 at 10:44 AM, jamland said:

Does anyone know how many seats have been filled? I have an interview on January 14th and I'm just wondering what my odds are at this point! Happy New Year!

There are 24 people on the Class of 2021 Facebook group as of today, so it is 25 then including myself. There are possibly other people who already got accepted but haven't joined the FB group (like myself). That said, they have filled at least 25 seats so far -with the assumption that only accepted individuals can join this closed group.

Ps. I was given the link of the group after my deposit was received.

On 1/2/2019 at 8:07 PM, mcasale83 said:

Hiii guys!!! Super excited to be interviewing Jan 9th. Anyone else going to that interview and want to meet up the day before? I'm coming in from Los Angeles and would love to meet up and get to know you guys. :))))) Positive thoughts and best of luck to everyone waiting for a call or interviewing in January.

I will be coming from Washington the day before. I was going to wander around and check out the campus.  I should be there before lunch tomorrow, weather and traffic permitting. Mary

2 more spots! That’s great!! Before I left from the interview on the 9th, they said it was 12. Best of luck to everyone!! 

5 hours ago, HighlandCH said:

Good luck everyone! Last I heard, there are 14 spots left and 50 people they will be reviewing for those spots, next week! Some of those people were put on hold and some were interviewed in January. Best of luck to you all!

Archived