hmtpnw

2018 - 2019 OHSU Application Thread

16 hours ago, HighlandCH said:

@Kellik33 we are supposed to hear back by this Friday! How about you?

I was in the Dec 12th group and they said possibly Wednesday but Friday at the latest. 

I just got my acceptance call after being placed on a hold status in November! I was waitlisted 2 years ago and am so happy to have finally gotten the call from Colleen! 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, zvlag said:

Anyone from the December interviews heard anything back yet!? 

I was Dec 3 and havent heard anything yet. Dying over here!

For those who are being accepted, it would be awesome if some of you could post your stats like your majors, GPAS, etc. thanks in advance! 

I was put on committee hold. And won't hear until Jan 25th. I interviewed on Dec 3rd. Anyone know what the acceptance chances are if you are on hold?

On 12/20/2018 at 1:36 PM, HighlandCH said:

I was put on committee hold. And won't hear until Jan 25th. I interviewed on Dec 3rd. Anyone know what the acceptance chances are if you are on hold?

I'm not sure the exact "chances", but I can tell you that I was accepted off of the hold status earlier this cycle. It's kind of a bittersweet experience knowing you aren't rejected but you aren't accepted yet either. I was stressing hard about it. I saw one or two other people were offered spots after being placed on the hold status as well, so there is definitely still a chance! It just means that the committee did not form a conclusion about you yet and that you are still being compared to other applicants. My advice is to focus on work, hobbies, or family time around the holidays to get your mind off of it. Good luck!

• Like 2

On 12/20/2018 at 1:36 PM, HighlandCH said:

I was also placed on a committee hold and was accepted 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KaylaRT said:

Has anyone created a facebook page? I'd love to start getting connected 

Colleen should be sending you an email soon with that information. PM me if you still haven’t seen it after the holidays and I’ll have the admin invite you 😊

Does anyone know how many seats have been filled? I have an interview on January 14th and I'm just wondering what my odds are at this point! Happy New Year!

Hiii guys!!! Super excited to be interviewing Jan 9th. Anyone else going to that interview and want to meet up the day before? I'm coming in from Los Angeles and would love to meet up and get to know you guys. :))))) Positive thoughts and best of luck to everyone waiting for a call or interviewing in January.

On 1/2/2019 at 10:44 AM, jamland said:

Does anyone know how many seats have been filled? I have an interview on January 14th and I'm just wondering what my odds are at this point! Happy New Year!

When I interviewed on 12/3 they said they had 5 people that had paid deposits. I'm sure there are many more by now. If they tell you will you update us?

On 1/2/2019 at 10:44 AM, jamland said:

There are 24 people on the Class of 2021 Facebook group as of today, so it is 25 then including myself. There are possibly other people who already got accepted but haven't joined the FB group (like myself). That said, they have filled at least 25 seats so far -with the assumption that only accepted individuals can join this closed group.

Ps. I was given the link of the group after my deposit was received.

Edited by mfr1981
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 8:07 PM, mcasale83 said:

Hiii guys!!! Super excited to be interviewing Jan 9th. Anyone else going to that interview and want to meet up the day before? I'm coming in from Los Angeles and would love to meet up and get to know you guys. :))))) Positive thoughts and best of luck to everyone waiting for a call or interviewing in January.

I will be coming from Washington the day before. I was going to wander around and check out the campus.  I should be there before lunch tomorrow, weather and traffic permitting. Mary

19 hours ago, missroux said:

Anyone interviewing January 14th want to meet up the day before? I'm flying in from Atlanta this weekend and would love to connect. 

Same here! Flew in today! If anyone wants to meet up let me know!