On 9/27/2018 at 5:31 PM, californiahopefulpa said:

congratulations! did they call or email you?

Thank you!! They left me a voicemail and then emailed me a confirmation letter after I returned their phone call.

Edited by sdprepa16

Congratulations to everyone that got an interview for 10/12. Sounds like those of us who interviewed on 9/7 are still waiting to hear back, or at least I am! The suspense is killing me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shells77 said:

Congratulations to everyone that got an interview for 10/12. Sounds like those of us who interviewed on 9/7 are still waiting to hear back, or at least I am! The suspense is killing me.

I hope we start to hear back soon! It’s so hard to be patient 

• Like 1

I interviewed on September 7th and received a call for acceptance 10 days later.

Based on what I’ve been told from current students, most people heard back within 2 weeks of their interview. But that’s not 100% the case for the whole class so don’t be discouraged if you haven’t heard back yet!

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 3:40 PM, KatherineLee said:

Congrats to everyone who received an interview! I will be applying next year and was wondering if those that received an interview can comment on if they took organic with or without a lab and if they took biochem?

Also, wondering when everyone submitted they're app that has received an interview so far? 

THANKS GUYS! 

I took a full year of organic with lab and a full year of biochem with lab. I submitted July 27th. Good luck!!

35 minutes ago, ReedC said:

It is a combination group interview followed by individual.

Thank you for the insight, ReedC! And a huge congratulations on your acceptance!! ? 

• Like 1

For everyone wondering, there is still plenty of time to submit your application. There are several interview dates coming up so be on the lookout for an area code 951 phone number. Upcoming interviews are 10/12, 11/16/ 12/7 and 12/14. 

P.s. Several people in the current class did get accepted within hours to a month of their interview. However, that is not everyone. Several other people had months after their interview before they got accepted w/ a few coming off the waitlist like a month prior to matriculation. 

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/30/2018 at 12:32 AM, JayG227 said:

I interviewed on September 7th and received a call for acceptance 10 days later.

Based on what I’ve been told from current students, most people heard back within 2 weeks of their interview. But that’s not 100% the case for the whole class so don’t be discouraged if you haven’t heard back yet!

Congrats on the acceptance!! I also interviewed on Sept 7th and got accepted! Do you know if anyone has started connecting with others on FB or other media?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, brookietay10 said:

Congrats on the acceptance!! I also interviewed on Sept 7th and got accepted! Do you know if anyone has started connecting with others on FB or other media?

Thank you! Congrats to you as well! I don't think anyone has started a FB page yet.

• Upvote 1

Received a call for an interview invite earlier today for Friday Nov 16! I am so excited to finally hear back from them!

I was CASPA verified and sent my supplemental to CBU both on Aug 3.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, SoCaliPrePA said:

Received a call for an interview invite earlier today for Friday Nov 16! I am so excited to finally hear back from them!

Congrats SoCaliPrePA, and good luck on that interview! Anyone that interviewed on Friday, Oct. 12th hear anything back from CBU yet? Still awaiting a response...haha

• Like 1

On 10/26/2018 at 6:05 PM, SoCaliPrePA said:

Is there a supplemental application? Their website says that they don't require a supplemental application. 

6 hours ago, jas96 said:

Is there a supplemental application? Their website says that they don't require a supplemental application. 

It's not exactly a supplemental. It's a questionnaire and they send it to you via email after they've received your app.

• Like 1

Hey guys! Can any of you that have already interviewed please give me some advice on the math test and english comp portion? I'm actually more worried about the math test...I saw some people wrote that it's basic math, but is there any other insight you can give me? And how did you guys prepare for it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SoCaliPrePA said:

Hey guys! Can any of you that have already interviewed please give me some advice on the math test and english comp portion? I'm actually more worried about the math test...I saw some people wrote that it's basic math, but is there any other insight you can give me? And how did you guys prepare for it?

Try not to stress. Basic math, and conversions. I was super worried, but it was a breeze. English is self explanatory, write an essay. If you read through the last years thread, the explain it as well

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:51 PM, SoCaliPrePA said:

The math is very simple. It is truly basic conversions. Be sure to write on something you are passionate about. When it comes to the medical terminology, don't worry to much on that. It is more for your reference as a student on where you are at. It has no bearing on your admission. Honestly that portion of your interview is the easiest. Just be ready for ethical questions. Most of all, be natural. The interview is meant to know you. If you remain yourself, not much you say will hurt your application, but if your rehearsed and act like a nervous robot, then it can affect you. So relax and enjoy it!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By cMore
      I am looking to submit by tonight and would appreciate the help. I would prefer if you are a PA, work at the pa school, admissions, or something of this sort but all help is definitely welcome.
      Please PM me if you can provide some assistance

cMore
    • By NPthePA2018
      Undergrad Ed School: University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
      Major (GPA) // Minor (GPA) : Biology (3.58) with 2 minors in Chemistry (2.9) & Psychology (4.0)
      Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.68
      Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.58
      Post Bachelor GPA: N/A
      Age at application time : 22
      1st GRE - V: 141 Q: 150 W: 3.0 // I unfortunately scheduled the GRE after taking 2 summer finals (Physics and Psychology of Individual Differences) so this score is pretty much a baseline for how I would do with minimal / no studying. 
      2nd GRE - V: 149 Q 161 W: 3.0 // The GRE prep I used was Magoosh and they did not have an analytical practice section so my AW score was the same, but my verbal and quantitative scores improved tremendously! Magoosh usually has pretty good sales for a 6 month subscription for $125 (regular price of 1 month subscription) around January and July. 
      Direct Patient Care : (Patient Care Technician / CNA)
      Cerebrovascular / Diabetic floor (2 years ~2,500 hours)
      Float pool / Anywhere in the hospital (~500 hours)
      Extracurricular / Leadership / Research Activities: 
      Greek organization // Junior and Senior scholarship committee
      Pre-PA club // Treasurer 2 full terms 
      UTC Medical Society // Member
      Volunteer for local hospital, Adult and Children's Emergency Room (200 hours) Children's Believe Campaign and St. Jude Up till Dawn participant (~25 hours), Girls on the Run (~10 hours)
      Supporter of various organizations such as Ronald McDonald House, Make A Wish foundation, TC Thomson's Children's Hospital, Girl Scouts of America 
      LOR
      PA in Neurosurgical and Spine Unit (Shadowed 150 hours)
      RN who's director/manager of Neuroscience (Known for 2 years)
      RN Clinical Staff Leader (Known for 1 year)
      Professor who I had 3 classes in Microbiology (B) , Immunology (A), and Microbial Ecology (A) 
      Saving one more recommendation request for a potential PA or MD 
      Personal Statement Topic: I talked about my personal childhood struggles with many health issues in my family & how I wanted to pursue a career that provides access to healthcare . I then weaned into my work experience at the hospital and mentoring. Ended it with a description of the PA I shadowed and all the qualities that I believe I had to be an important asset in healthcare.
      Schools Applied: Six. UTHSC, South College - Knoxville, South College - Nashville,  Lincoln Memorial University, Lipscomb University, and UAB
      Application Submitted Date:
      06/03 for UTSHC, LMU, and UAB
      Late June for South College Knoxville and Lipscomb
      Mid August for South College- Nashville
      Schools Received Application Date: Most of the schools received my application in less than a week after it was verified. Verified 2 days after I submitted my CASPA application. 
      Interview Invites: LMU
      Denied: UTHSC
      Waitlisted: UAB
      Accepted: N/A
      Attempts: 2nd (Applied pretty late 1st cycle to 1 school because of graduation/deadline issues so this theoretically would be my 1st real application cycle) 
      Plan B if all else fails:
      1. Pursue an accelerated Masters in Pharmacology to compensate all this waiting since most of these PA schools matriculate in August 2019 
      2. Take the MCAT. Some PA schools allow MCAT scores and would be a good refresher in basic prerequisite courses. 
      3. Shadow MD's, PA"s, NP's, PT's 
      I would greatly appreciate all the strengths and weaknesses in my current application. Any other ideas to improve my application would be helpful as well. Thank you guys so much! 
    • By UCSF Fresno
      The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) - Fresno Emergency Medicine PA Residency is accepting applications for the 2019 application cycle. This 18-month postgraduate program, affiliated with the UCSF School of Medicine, is designed to prepare PAs to practice in a variety of emergency medicine environments.
      We will be accepting 2 residents in 2019. The class will start June 26, 2019 but we will be offering rolling admissions into the Fall for accepted applicants who have a later PA school graduation date. 
      Deadline to apply is January 15, 2019. 
      Rotations include:
      Trauma Critical Care Pediatric Emergency Medicine Burn Orthopedics Dermatology Ophthalmology Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Toxicology Emergency Ultrasound Anesthesia EMS  Resuscitation courses include: ACLS, ATLS, BLS, PALS
      18-month stipend: $90,000
      Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, 401k, employee assistance program, 4 weeks of vacation, membership in the Society of Emergency Medicine Physician Assistants (SEMPA), UCSF email access, textbook, malpractice coverage, and more.
      Paid travel to SEMPA 360, SEMPA's annual conference.
      Our state-of-the-art ED at Community Regional Medical Center serves as the only Level 1 Trauma Center/Burn Center for Central California, and handles an annual ED volume of over 110,000.
      The Department of Emergency Medicine hosts fellowships in Emergency Ultrasound, Medical Education, and Wilderness Medicine. Our faculty are involved in EMS, wilderness medicine, ultrasound, medical education, toxicology, international emergency medicine, and more. They are also leaders in the emergency medicine and EMPA community.
      For more information, please see the attached flyer.
      Website: http://www.fresno.ucsf.edu/emergency-medicine-physician-assistant/

Email: em.pa.residency@fresno.ucsf.edu
      Residency Flyer.pdf
    • By BJessee
      I just wanted to start a thread for the upcoming Milligan PA class beginning in 2019.
      Any general information can be shared and questions about the program or the area are welcome!
    • By jersey33
      What is the process of creating a clinical site or at least an affiliation with a doctor or organization for one student to do a rotation at? I have been desperately trying to get clinical rotations in CA, my home, while I am currently out of state. I have situational depression and I know that being able to do rotations back at home would help immensely with my focus, happiness, and health, but my school won't budge in helping me. Their reasoning was that it's too much work for them to make affiliations with new sites. I have found doctors willing to take me in for rotations though, so the only thing left would be the paperwork which I thought was in large part filled out by the preceptor. Does anyone know anything about this, and if so, could you please help me understand?

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More