2018-2019 Cycle

On 10/2/2018 at 7:26 AM, jaf8365 said:

I was offered an interview invite for 10/5. Does anyone have any advice regarding preparing for MMI-style interviews?  I've been to two other PA school interviews this cycle but neither did MMIs. 

There’s a lot of tips on YouTube. I bought a book but I don’t think it was really worth it. 

Generally the structure has 6-10 stations with one interviewer/rater who has standard instructions to not give you too much feedback through nonverbal cues and not to engage in personal conversation. They also usually don’t know your application. The point is to show your ability to adapt to stress and still communicate like a “normal” person. You have a few minutes to answer a question, discuss a scenario, or role-play a situation.   Be yourself, polite, and professional.  

Dont expect any certain questions. But practice the format with someone so you get used to processing new information quickly and can get feedback on how you come off when answering and thinking about the question. Also “think out loud”, or discuss how you chose an arguement/decision. It’s like a bunch of mini verbal essays.

• Upvote 1

On 10/5/2018 at 2:43 PM, Dee L. said:

Hi everyone! Congrats on those that were accepted and invited for future interviews! I interviewed on 8/31 and was waitlisted. MyMadison has not updated for me. Does anyone know how the waitlist will work - when will they let us know? Is there a ranking system?

Thank you!

I interviewed on 9/7 and was waitlisted. I received an email today that instructed me to log in to the portal to accept or decline the waitlist offer. I am not sure how the waitlist works and am wondering the same!

8 minutes ago, PAtime said:

Congrats to you too! I wonder how many people got accepted from our interview date. Are you going to any other interviews or are you set on JMU? 

I had another interview but I am going to decline because JMU was my top choice so I already accepted and paid my deposit. 

On 10/14/2018 at 11:42 PM, DCB13 said:

I had another interview but I am going to decline because JMU was my top choice so I already accepted and paid my deposit. 

I'm on the same boat as well! I only have one school that I would choose above JMU atm but I doubt I'll hear back from them anyway. Hopefully others will get in from us declining our interviews. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, krsnkm said:

Hi guys,

I just got an interview invite for 4/12. Anyone else?

Also- I read this thread and took in some interview advice! Anymore advice/tips that people have to offer to prepare for the interview, I would appreciate it very much. 

Hi!

I also got invited for an interview on 4/12!