2018-2019 Cycle

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2018 at 1:55 PM, alexm9494 said:

Update: received an email yesterday about making a JMU account where they said to check my status! Do you think interview invites will come through the account as well? Or through the email

I got that email too! I'm thinking they will probably do both. Send an email to check status and post it on the portal, but I would just check both periodically so you don't miss it. 

I think interview invites are gonna be coming out around September, since that's when they came out last cycle. 

• 1 month later...

@vle1992 here’s my timeline:

Submitted CASPA 5/11

Verified CASPA 5/16

JMU Program App Email (confirms they got CASPA and their grad app) received 7/3

Interview invite 8/13

I actually already accepted a seat at my number one program so I won’t be attending the interview but did want to inform others they sent the invite today.  Good luck all!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2018 at 6:25 PM, paschool2 said:

Can any current students provide their experience so far at JMU? What makes this program stand out?

JMU is a great well-established program, the faculty are dedicated and committed to the success of each student.  I believe that a stand out for our program is that the Academic Coordinator is a founding member of the program, about 20 years ago!  It is hard to find a program with faculty this experienced, which also provides great consistency for the program.  Two other faculty members are prior graduates of the program.  We have well established clinical rotation sites with experienced clinical preceptors.  The stability JMU provides its students makes it a clear stand out when compared to other programs.  We have one of the smallest cohorts in Virginia, with 32 students per class.  JMU is the only public school in Virginia with a PA program so if your in-state tuition is great! We are located in new building, with dedicated classroom and lab space.

On 9/18/2018 at 5:56 PM, paschool2 said:

How was everyone's interview experience?

I enjoyed the interview experience and had a lot of fun.  The day went by quickly!  They do the multiple mini interviews (MMI) and the environment is very relaxed.  The staff is wonderful and welcoming, as well as the current students.  Just be yourself, be confident and engage with other candidates.  Good luck!  

Archived