2018-2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CWell1901 said:

Got the waitlist email on Sunday, but I’m probably going to call them and withdraw my app. I wasn’t surprised because the interviewer hardly asked me any questions. 

What do you mean he/she hardly asked you any questions? Did it seem like he/she was just disinterested?

Hey guys! So I just had an interview today (8/2)! I thought it went well (what I really mean to say is ehhh; I was only asked about 3-4 questions and I felt as though my nervousness was showing and that our interview was very short)  but I am becoming more and more concerned I made a mistake. I wore a light blue suit (with vest) to the interview. I am becoming more and more concerned that this was not a good choice. Every other person was wearing a dark attire. I am stressing out right now about it. If I could gather some thoughts/comments/opinions on whether you believe that was alright of me or not I would appreciate it. 

I know it's too late to turn the clock back now, but man, do I wish I could ha ha. 

11 hours ago, Vish5422 said:

Hey guys! So I just had an interview today (8/2)! I thought it went well (what I really mean to say is ehhh; I was only asked about 3-4 questions and I felt as though my nervousness was showing and that our interview was very short)  but I am becoming more and more concerned I made a mistake. I wore a light blue suit (with vest) to the interview. I am becoming more and more concerned that this was not a good choice. Every other person was wearing a dark attire. I am stressing out right now about it. If I could gather some thoughts/comments/opinions on whether you believe that was alright of me or not I would appreciate it. 

I know it's too late to turn the clock back now, but man, do I wish I could ha ha. 

I thought you looked nice, too. I wouldn't worry too much about it. 

16 hours ago, Vish5422 said:

I think there is probably something we all would’ve liked to do differently yesterday.. we are going to second guess ourselves for the next two weeks! Try not to stress!! Besides from what I’ve read you also you don’t want to blend in to where the interviews don’t recall who you are! ?

Hopefully we all hear something soon! 

17 hours ago, Vish5422 said:

You stood out in a very memorable way! The fact that multiple people on this forum remember you by your suit, including me, is a good sign, especially because we never spoke. 

Also someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Diana said we'd hear back in 2 weeks by email for acceptances, snail mail for rejection and/or waitlist?? ANYONE ELSE FREAKING OUT!!? 

On 7/29/2018 at 7:45 PM, PA135 said:

I got an acceptance email at about 4 as well! 

Congrats!! How did you feel the interview went? I’m feeling nervous about my interview answers, now that the stress is over I’m thinking of what I “should’ve or couldve” said... did you know leaving that u were likely going to receive an invite? 

16 minutes ago, DramaShears said:

You stood out in a very memorable way! The fact that multiple people on this forum remember you by your suit, including me, is a good sign, especially because we never spoke. 

Also someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Diana said we'd hear back in 2 weeks by email for acceptances, snail mail for rejection and/or waitlist?? ANYONE ELSE FREAKING OUT!!? 

Ahaha thank you and everyone else for their compliments! I appreciate it a lot haha! I figured if I was on a crutch I might as well go for it with the suit. I am freaking out too! My interview was so short and she only asked me a couple questions and I was so nervous and I stumbled up a couple times but like a second. I don’t feel great 

6 hours ago, JayLee05 said:

@Vish5422 From what I have read, it is better to appear genuine (with a few stumbles) than to appear overly rehearsed. They just want to get to know you and the value that you can bring to the profession. 

Thanks for the response! I thought that too! Though I don’t think I did that well haha

2 hours ago, Vish5422 said:

Thanks everyone for the positive responses on my suit! I was wondering if you guys send Thank you notes after interviews? Im not sure what to do.

Hi Vish,

I wrote a very short thank you note to my interviewer after the first interview session and although she didn't respond I was offered an acceptance a couple of weeks later so it definitely didn't hurt! I'd say go for it. Good luck! 

15 minutes ago, GWG22 said:

Hi Vish,

I wrote a very short thank you note to my interviewer after the first interview session and although she didn't respond I was offered an acceptance a couple of weeks later so it definitely didn't hurt! I'd say go for it. Good luck! 

thanks!! Should I send it even if it has been about 2 weeks since?

Hi All,

I just applied about a week ago and received the email stating they received my application (Not an interview invite), and was just wondering about how long it took some of you guys to receive an interview invite after submission of application.

Another thing: I was just curious about peoples stats and if you already had an interview, accepted, etc.

I'm kind of nervous about mine.

Overall GPA: 3.5

Science GPA: 3.5

GRE: 300

Patient care: 320 Hours of volunteer phlebotomy (in the morning before going into work full time as a MLS)

healthcare experience: 2000 continuing hours as a Medical Laboratory Scientist in a medical Microbiology lab.

PA shadowing: 50 in preadmission testing. 27 in Neuro Critical Care (Both PA's gave me a LOR)

I would LOVE any response from you guys good or bad haha. My amount of patient care hours are definitely on the lower side but It's hard to squeeze extra hours in when you're already working full time. And of course my GRE could be better, but it beats the 287 I got the first time haha. Sorry for the lengthy post and good luck to you all!

3 hours ago, RockM said:

Hi All,

I just applied about a week ago and received the email stating they received my application (Not an interview invite), and was just wondering about how long it took some of you guys to receive an interview invite after submission of application.

Another thing: I was just curious about peoples stats and if you already had an interview, accepted, etc.

I'm kind of nervous about mine.

Overall GPA: 3.5

Science GPA: 3.5

GRE: 300

Patient care: 320 Hours of volunteer phlebotomy (in the morning before going into work full time as a MLS)

healthcare experience: 2000 continuing hours as a Medical Laboratory Scientist in a medical Microbiology lab.

PA shadowing: 50 in preadmission testing. 27 in Neuro Critical Care (Both PA's gave me a LOR)

I would LOVE any response from you guys good or bad haha. My amount of patient care hours are definitely on the lower side but It's hard to squeeze extra hours in when you're already working full time. And of course my GRE could be better, but it beats the 287 I got the first time haha. Sorry for the lengthy post and good luck to you all!

I submitted by application 6/17, was verified 6/18 and received an interview invitation on 7/24. My stats are: science GPA 3.5, overall GPA 3.7, PCE 1500 hours as a PCT, Volunteer coach ~600 hours and GRE 311. Hope this helps!

Archived