2018-2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, KristinaRDMS said:

Congrats!! When did you get the email stating they received your application? And do u mind sharing your stats? And to which campus?

This was for the Glenside campus, I haven’t yet received a call back from Corriene verifying what day my interview will be. I got the email yesterday verifying they received my app. And my stats are cGPA: 3.7 sGPA 3.35 verbal: 155 quant: 153 writing: 4.5 PCE: ~3000 hrs volunteer: ~300 hrs research: ~500 hrs shadow: 30 hrs

hope this helps!

50 minutes ago, KristinaRDMS said:

Congrats! When did you get your verification email?

Got the verification email yesterday at 11:55 AM and the call today at around 10 AM, my stats are:

3.7 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, 1,000 PCE as a CNA, 160 HCE as a volunteer, 315 GRE 5.0 W, and about 40 PA shadowing hours

congrats! Did you only apply to the de campus? Do u mind sharing your stats? 

50 minutes ago, DramaShears said:

I got a phone call this morning for the DE campus for August 2nd! I got the verification email June 18th, submitted mid-May, so it was such a surprise getting that call. Excited to meet everyone! 

18 minutes ago, DramaShears said:

Thanks! I only applied to the DE campus. My stats: 3.54 cGPA, 3.37 sGPA, 153 verbal, 155 quant, 4.5 writing, ~800 research hours, ~200 HCE, ~3500 PCE as an EMT and Medical Assistant, ~60 PA shadow hours. This is my second time applying, too! 

Congrats!  And thanks for sharing your stats!  We did pretty comparable on the GRE which is reassuring!  ?  Can I ask how you improved your application between this cycle and next?  Were you offered an interview last cycle?  ...can you tell I am a little stressed waiting for a call or rejection email! 

11 minutes ago, KristinaRDMS said:

Congrats!  And thanks for sharing your stats!  We did pretty comparable on the GRE which is reassuring!  ?  Can I ask how you improved your application between this cycle and next?  Were you offered an interview last cycle?  ...can you tell I am a little stressed waiting for a call or rejection email! 

lol its going to be ok! I doubt they'll start sending out rejections so early in the cycle, but the waiting game is definitely the hardest. 

I applied late last year, so I didn't get any interviews. But I definitely lacked PA shadow hours so I made that a priority this year. I got a PA to look at my application and tell me what areas he found needed improvement-- that also helped a lot. Just keep doing your best, and it will come through ?

Submitted 5/29, verified 5/30, confirmation email from Arcadia 6/18.

sGPA: 3.69 cGPA: 3.67, GRE: 316 4.5W. I've worked as a clinical research coordinator for four years so I'm not the typical CNA/EMT (which frankly makes me a little nervous) but its about 1,300 PCE/7,000 HCE. Congrats to everyone, looking forward to meeting you!

Almost the same timeline as sjleach. Submitted on 5/29, verified on 6/1, and got a confirmation email from Arcadia on 6/18. 

cGPA: 3.77, sGPA: 3.77, ~1100 PCE as an ER scribe, a little less than 100 hours of shadowing various PAs, ~100 hours of volunteer work, and some leadership experience. 

2 hours ago, PA227 said:

Did anyone hear about an interview that applied to the dual PA/MPH program?

Nope I'm super stressed. I received the verification email like everyone else on the 18th but I didn't get a call or rejection.  Not sure if they do the interviews on a separate day for us because we interview with both programs? I hope so. Trying to stay positive that I didn't get a rejection and I am still in the running for the next wave of interviews.

5 minutes ago, Clarissa25 said:

Nope I'm super stressed. I received the verification email like everyone else on the 18th but I didn't get a call or rejection.  Not sure if they do the interviews on a separate day for us because we interview with both programs? I hope so. Trying to stay positive that I didn't get a rejection and I am still in the running for the next wave of interviews.

Same here! Hopefully we’re interviewed seperate!!

* Disclaimer: just speculating here...

...not sure if the PA/MPH program operates separately but for those of us in the general applicant pool, it seems like the committee may be at the late May/early June section of the stack so far. For anyone else here who's submitted later than that and is feeling nervous, I'm thinking (hoping) they just haven't gotten to any apps beyond very early June yet. Just my two cents of course... keeping my fingers crossed for an invite also!

Anyone submitted/verified beyond June 1 here who's heard something?      

1 hour ago, GWG22 said:

...not sure if the PA/MPH program operates separately but for those of us in the general applicant pool, it seems like the committee may be at the late May/early June section of the stack so far. For anyone else here who's submitted later than that and is feeling nervous, I'm thinking (hoping) they just haven't gotten to any apps beyond very early June yet. Just my two cents of course... keeping my fingers crossed for an invite also!

I am hoping you are correct! I was verified June 6 by caspa and haven’t heard anything. Got the same verification email (from arcadia) as many people on here June 18.. it’s making me anxious too that others have gotten a call but I’m hoping they are still working through the May applicants! 

5 minutes ago, KristinaRDMS said:

I am hoping you are correct! I was verified June 6 by caspa and haven’t heard anything. Got the same verification email (from arcadia) as many people on here June 18.. it’s making me anxious too that others have gotten a call but I’m hoping they are still working through the May applicants! 

I was verified June 7 so we're in it together! We got this!

4 hours ago, GWG22 said:

I was verified on 6/4 and haven't heard anything yet... safe to say I'm a little nervous!

16 hours ago, KristinaRDMS said:

Congrats! Unfortunately I don’t have any interview tips but would you mind sharing your stats? Waiting to hear from the de campus..

Overall GPA: 3.61

Science GPA: 3.51

I have many hours volunteering (community and hospital), shadowing (physician and NP), Phi Eta Sigma Service Committee, and I'm working as a medical assistant. 

I hope you hear back soon it's still early in the application process!

Archived