2018-2019 Application Cycle

19 hours ago, aaaaaa said:

Overall GPA: 3.61

Science GPA: 3.51

I have many hours volunteering (community and hospital), shadowing (physician and NP), Phi Eta Sigma Service Committee, and I'm working as a medical assistant. 

I hope you hear back soon it's still early in the application process!

At least you made it through the first step... they are interested! ?  From what everything I've read it's important to "be yourself" ...They want to see honesty and sincerity!  Wishing you the best of luck! 

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, kbuskirk said:

I have an interview at the DE campus on July 19th!

cGPA: 3.47, sGPA: 3.51, PCE: 1900hrs (as a medical assistant, therapy volunteer, and resident assistant), shadowing: 60hrs in 4 different specialties

Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back!

Congrats! Did you get the call today? 

I received a phonemail last Wednesday 6/20/18 for an interview invite.  I will be interviewing 7/18/18

Arcadia received my application 6/18/18 LOL

Stats

cGPA 3.46 

sGPA 3.92

PCE 7,200 (MS in Clinical Psychology doing individual, family, group therapy and assessments working with a psychiatrist)

Research 300 hours (summer internship at CHOP)

Shadowing 130 hours (ED, Surgery, Psych)

14 hours ago, jkweezerfanjk said:

I received a phonemail last Wednesday 6/20/18 for an interview invite.  I will be interviewing 7/18/18

Arcadia received my application 6/18/18 LOL

Stats

cGPA 3.46 

sGPA 3.92

PCE 7,200 (MS in Clinical Psychology doing individual, family, group therapy and assessments working with a psychiatrist)

Research 300 hours (summer internship at CHOP)

Wow an internship at CHOP that must of been fascinating! And you have a high amount of PCE, may I ask if this is your first cycle applying or have you been working towards PA for a while?  Wishing you the best luck!

14 hours ago, jkweezerfanjk said:

Shadowing 130 hours (ED, Surgery, Psych)

1 hour ago, jkweezerfanjk said:

@kristinaRDMS Thanks!! Yeah we did a lot of things in the CHOP network both in research, shadowing and administratively so it was a great experience.  This is my first time applying!! I was in the field for 5 years and realized that I wanted to be a PA.  How about you?

I am actually an ultrasound technologist and have been working for 6 years before I realized I wanted to make the switch also.. hopefully Arcadia likes the fact we come with a backgrounds rooted in medicine.  I find your internship fascinating because patients we scan that have pregnancy complications are frequently sent to CHOP and then we rarely know the outcome.  Very neat opportunity!   Are you interviewing for the DE campus? -because I would love to hear more about your internship if we ever get to meet! ?   .....still waiting to see if I even get an interview!!! (which is killing me)

1 minute ago, KristinaRDMS said:

I am actually an ultrasound technologist and have been working for 6 years before I realized I wanted to make the switch also.. hopefully Arcadia likes the fact we come with a background rooted in medicine.  I find your internship fascinating because patients we scan that have pregnancy complications are frequently sent to CHOP and then we rarely know the outcome.  Very neat opportunity!   Are you interviewing for the DE campus? -because I would love to hear more about your internship if we ever get to meet! ? 

I think the most important thing is that we have patient care experience.  Experience providing services that show we know how to work with a patient and give them services.  It's cool we have similar experiences!! I live in Philly so Glenside would be easier I think...  honestly I never thought of the DE campus as an option because I didn't know about it!!  But I like Willmington!  Yes maybe we can meet!  I like talking to like-minded people ?

9 minutes ago, jkweezerfanjk said:

I think the most important thing is that we have patient care experience.  Experience providing services that show we know how to work with a patient and give them services.  It's cool we have similar experiences!! I live in Philly so Glenside would be easier I think...  honestly I never thought of the DE campus as an option because I didn't know about it!!  But I like Willmington!  Yes maybe we can meet!  I like talking to like-minded people ?

Yes, that I guess is more what I meant, not even necessarily "medicine" but "treating people".  So I guess that answers my question.. you'll be interviewing at Glenside.. well I wish you luck!  And who knows maybe if we both survive this grueling processes we will run into each other as students of Arcadia! ?  From what I understand both glenside and christiana do the cadaver lab at TJ in philly. 

1 minute ago, KristinaRDMS said:

Yes, that I guess is more what I meant, not even necessarily "medicine" but "treating people".  So I guess that answers my question.. you'll be interviewing at Glenside.. well I wish you luck!  And who knows maybe if we both survive this grueling processes we will run into each other as students of Arcadia! ?  From what I understand both glenside and christiana do the cadaver lab at TJ in philly. 

What you do is very much medicine based lol.  But yess I am looking forward to the interview, and all the other interviews this cycle that I'll be a part of.  Hope you get your interview!!  Best of luck!!  Thanks for the kindness

On 6/23/2018 at 12:33 PM, GWG22 said:

* Disclaimer: just speculating here...

...not sure if the PA/MPH program operates separately but for those of us in the general applicant pool, it seems like the committee may be at the late May/early June section of the stack so far. For anyone else here who's submitted later than that and is feeling nervous, I'm thinking (hoping) they just haven't gotten to any apps beyond very early June yet. Just my two cents of course... keeping my fingers crossed for an invite also!

Anyone submitted/verified beyond June 1 here who's heard something?      

Anyone verified in June hear anything yet?????

Anyone interview at Arcadia before/have heard what they're looking for and how their interviews are? I am starting to prepare and this is my first time applying so very new to interviews. Looking for any tips! Pretty nervous. Thanks so much!

9 hours ago, ashleyjudd said:

Hello! This is my first time applying to PA school and my first interview is at Arcadia. Has anyone done the MMI type interviews and have advice? Thanks!

From what I understand their interviews are typically one on one and pretty laid back.. at least that is what an Arcadia alumni told me..  good luck!  When did you get verified and receive the call?  

35 minutes ago, delpa0308 said:

I got the confirmation email from arcadia 6/18 and got a call yesterday for an interview 8/2! Do we know how many people they invite per interview session?

Congrats! I recall seeing someone's post on last year's thread saying there were about 25 people in their interview session. When were you officially verified by CASPA, if you don't mind my asking? And for which campus is the 8/2 session?

Archived