2018-2019 Cycle

20 minutes ago, 13dhatch said:

To anyone who had an interview on Sept 7, how was the interview process? And has anyone received an acceptance yet? 

Still waiting to see if they offer me an interview - fingers crossed for everyone else in the same boat!!

Interview is straight forward, won't go into specifics since that would give others an advantage. I'm not trying to come across as mean, but if specific information related to interviews is shared, then those that went first are at a disadvantage. Those with an interview later are then able to prepare and do better then those who went first. It truly is a straight forward interview, the students currently in the class will tell you the same thing.

On 9/18/2018 at 10:15 AM, clarbd said:

Hi... I am also waiting patiently, like you! Verified but no invitation or rejection yet. Keep me posted on your status! I saw QU is your top school. It's mine too, although it's more of a reach for me due to my stats. 

Any idea if they send acceptance/rejection letters  on the rolling admission or not ? 

13 hours ago, YGrabo said:

I got interview invitation today for October 19th ! I cannot believe it! Woooo!!! Hoooo!!!so so happy ! It will be my 5th interview for that week ?❤️?❤️?❤️

Congrats!!!! Best of luck to you, I know you were really looking forward to interviewing and going to QU. 

• Like 1

Hey all, 

Applied a bit over a month ago and haven't heard anything yet. 

cGPA 3.65

SGPA 3.97

GRE: 157v 157q 5.5w

5000 HCE working as a tech in drug and alcohol rehab facilities. 

2500 volunteer hours working in drug and alcohol rehab. 

Do I have a realistic chance at getting an interview? Good luck to all and major congrats to anyone that has gotten interviews/beyond! You should be incredibly proud of that. 

16 minutes ago, bcfa22 said:

Hey all, 

Applied a bit over a month ago and haven't heard anything yet. 

cGPA 3.65

SGPA 3.97

GRE: 157v 157q 5.5w

5000 HCE working as a tech in drug and alcohol rehab facilities. 

2500 volunteer hours working in drug and alcohol rehab. 

Do I have a realistic chance at getting an interview? Good luck to all and major congrats to anyone that has gotten interviews/beyond! You should be incredibly proud of that. 

That is great experience!  I would love to work in drug and rehab.  I have accepted an interview with UC Davis (but I’ve already been accepted to Eastern Virginia Medical School).  I think your GPA is right on target but you may notice that programs are looking for more direct patient contact like Phlebotomy, Medical Assisting, Respiratory Therapy, Emergency Room Tech’s, Medics/Paramedics, etc.  Have you done anything like that?  I have a friend that’s been an EMT and he was also offered an interview at Davis (although not all schools count EMT, scribe, pharm tech’s, etc. as direct patient care but they do count toward healthcare hours).  For instance I have about 13,000 hours of direct patient care and healthcare as a Phlebotomist, Medical assisting in Haiti, volunteer ERT, and Pharmacy Technician in retail and managed care (Disease Management counselor).  My advice to you would be to volunteer as an ERT, become a scribe (check out Vituity), get your phlebotomy license, etc.  

Best of luck to you!  I bet there will be more interviews offered after a week or two.  Hang in there.  We’re all in this together!

Sandi

Edited by Bonist55

1 minute ago, Bonist55 said:

That is great experience!  I would love to work in drug and rehab.  I have accepted an interview with UC Davis (but I’ve already be accepted to Eastern Virginia Medical School).  I think your GPA is right on target but you may notice that programs are looking for more direct patient contact like Phlebotomy, Medical Assisting, Respiratory Therapy, Emergency Room Tech’s, Medics/Paramedics, etc.  Have you done anything like that?  I have a friend that’s been an EMT and he was also offered an interview at Davis (although not all schools count EMT, scribe, pharm tech’s, etc. as direct patient care but they do count toward healthcare hours).  For instance I have about 13,000 hours of direct patient care and healthcare as a Phlebotomist, Medical assisting in Haiti, volunteer ERT, and Pharmacy Technician in retail and managed care (Disease Management counselor).  My advice to you would be to volunteer as an ERT, become a scribe (check out Vituity), get your phlebotomy license, etc.  

Best of luck to you!  I bet there will be more interviews offered after a week or two.  Hang in there.  We’re all in this together!

Sandi

Thank you Sandi. 

Yes working in rehab as a tech is hands on patient care as we must monitor drug and alcohol detox symptoms, take BP, pulse, respiration, give monitor medications ect. Sometimes physically assist patients. While this isn't exclusively hands on, it has components of it and is definitely direct patient care exposure. I appreciate the insight!

Ben