2018-2019 Cycle

I applied early May but not expecting an interview due to lower than avg PCE 

Shooting my shot though bc I’m only applying once ??‍♀️

I think that’s an odd thing to say that you’re only applying once. If this is your passion and what you truly want to do then why would you only apply once if you aren’t experienced enough as compared to others THIS YEAR. Applying once because you fell short shows disinterest when there’s people out there trying year after year because they truly want to be a PA. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, YGrabo said:

Congratulations! I haven’t gotten anything yet. Still remaining hopeful ??????. I applied and was verified in May . Is it your first year applying to QU? Do you mind to share your stats ? 

Thank you! Yes, girl, don't worry! This is just their first interview session, still lots more opportunities for an interview! 

Yes this is my first time applying to QU, but my second time applying to PA schools. 

My stats are: cGPA- 3.8, sGPA-3.8, PCE- 2,500 as a PCT, 100 PA shadowing hours, ~300 volunteer hours

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, brittany16220 said:

I think that’s an odd thing to say that you’re only applying once. If this is your passion and what you truly want to do then why would you only apply once if you aren’t experienced enough as compared to others THIS YEAR. Applying once because you fell short shows disinterest when there’s people out there trying year after year because they truly want to be a PA. emoji848.png

Oh no I think you guys misunderstood what I meant. I said I’m only applying once because I’ve already been accepted this yr to an accredited program with good pass rates on the national exam. The only reason my PCE is fairly low is because I’m very young. I got in at my first interview because I worked my butt off in undergrad though! I would have reapplied if I didn’t get in this year. I just don’t want to wait until next year just to say I got in to one of the top five programs in the country.. It’s not worth losing a year of salary haha

Oh no I think you guys misunderstood what I meant. I said I’m only applying once because I’ve already been accepted this yr to an accredited program with good pass rates on the national exam. The only reason my PCE is fairly low is because I’m very young. I got in at my first interview because I worked my butt off in undergrad though! I would have reapplied if I didn’t get in this year. I just don’t want to wait until next year just to say I got in to one of the top five programs in the country.. It’s not worth losing a year of salary haha

Oh makes complete sense! Sorry to say all that then. I was like whaaaattt. ?
Congrats on your acceptance! No absolutely. You take what you can get and get it done [emoji1319]

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, tinagoestoPAschool said:

Thank you! Yes, girl, don't worry! This is just their first interview session, still lots more opportunities for an interview! 

Yes this is my first time applying to QU, but my second time applying to PA schools. 

My stats are: cGPA- 3.8, sGPA-3.8, PCE- 2,500 as a PCT, 100 PA shadowing hours, ~300 volunteer hours

We have similiar stats! I just lack PCE and I know that program is big on hours ? Congrats though!!

7 hours ago, YGrabo said:

Did you get email saying that you application copleate and submitted to PA department for further review? 

Is it your first time applying to this school ? Do you mind to share your stats? 

Yes I got that email on 6/18. And yes this is my first year applying to PA school. 

Sports Medicine major from Pepperdine. 

GPA: 3.8

sGPA: 3.68

PCE/HCE: 3000 hours as MA

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, allthingspa said:

Congratulations on acceptance and best of luck in your studies!!! Woo ! Hoo! 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, YGrabo said:

Congrats ! Did you get that invitation email yesterday ?

Yes I got it Friday like around 4:30. I’m almost positive you don’t need to worry. Your stats are incredible but the waiting game is indeed the worst part of everything. 

Anyone going on the 7 attending the social the night before?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TyDaves said:

Thanks! I submitted on 7/04 and was verified on 7/06.

Wow ! July ! I guess I am out ? I applied back in May and heard nothing from them. Besides that my application is complete and submitted to PA department for further review. 

Edited by YGrabo

Don’t say that! They go back and look. Until you get the email rejection you’re still in it. Don’t lose hope 

46 minutes ago, YGrabo said:

Wow ! July ! I guess I am out ? I applied back in May and heard nothing from them. Besides that my application is complete and submitted to PA department for further review. 

1 minute ago, cgold13 said:

Don’t say that! They go back and look. Until you get the email rejection you’re still in it. Don’t lose hope 

Thank you ?. I hope so ! I have one interview scheduled , still good amount of schools haven’t invited anyone yet ... so waiting is on ... we will see ... QU is my top choice though if they will give me a chance . 

How about you ? Did you get your invitation? When did you applied /got verified?