2018-2019 Cycle

16 hours ago, YGrabo said:

Hello everyone. Did anyone made it to information session today at QU? It was very informative! I am very happy i was able to make it . 

Hey! I am also applying to QU as my top school! Would you mind sharing stats, and what you learned at the session? 

PCE: 6,000 hrs as a dental hygienist 
cGPA: 3.38  /  sGPA: not calculated yet / GPA of last 40 credits: 3.8
Bachelors: dental hygiene
Volunteer: 27 hours within past 4 years
Shadowing: 24 hrs
LOR: 2 DDS I worked for, 1 from professor who I student-taught with

Thank you!!

8 hours ago, clarbd said:

Hey! I am also applying to QU as my top school! Would you mind sharing stats, and what you learned at the session? 

PCE: 6,000 hrs as a dental hygienist 
cGPA: 3.38  /  sGPA: not calculated yet / GPA of last 40 credits: 3.8
Bachelors: dental hygiene
Volunteer: 27 hours within past 4 years
Shadowing: 24 hrs
LOR: 2 DDS I worked for, 1 from professor who I student-taught with

Thank you!!

Meeting  was very long , it is hard to put all I have learned in letter . All I can say it was worth all the energy, time and money I have invested to come to that meeting all the way from FL. I had an opportunity to speak with admission directors, dean ,  detector of the PA program and  PA students .

so far this year almost 1500 applications and only 27 open spots . 

They look for well rounded applicants with life experience, health care experience. high gpa ( not their priority). They want diversity in the class . They are looking for interesting and smart candidates who can show their interest in QU and be able to explain why. Learn the history of QU and their PA program . Prepare to answer the question- why not MD school ? What is your weakness you are trying to over come?  etc ... 

here my stats :

PCA:8000+

cGPA 3.97, sGPA 4.0

volunteer over 100hr within last year

LOR: 2 from PAs I worked with and shadow , 1 from Dermotalogy reasurcher and MD  at Yale university ( I shadowed him ), 1 from NICU Doctor I worked with, 1 from chemistry professor .

hopefully it helps. Best of luck ! 

Edited by YGrabo

12 hours ago, YGrabo said:

Meeting  was very long , it is hard to put all I have learned in letter . All I can say it was worth all the energy, time and money I have invested to come to that meeting all the way from FL. I had an opportunity to speak with admission directors, dean ,  detector of the PA program and  PA students .

so far this year almost 1500 applications and only 27 open spots . 

They look for well rounded applicants with life experience, health care experience. high gpa ( not their priority). They want diversity in the class . They are looking for interesting and smart candidates who can show their interest in QU and be able to explain why. Learn the history of QU and their PA program . Prepare to answer the question- why not MD school ? What is your weakness you are trying to over come?  etc ... 

here my stats :

PCA:8000+

cGPA 3.97, sGPA 4.0

volunteer over 100hr within last year

LOR: 2 from PAs I worked with and shadow , 1 from Dermotalogy reasurcher and MD  at Yale university ( I shadowed him ), 1 from NICU Doctor I worked with, 1 from chemistry professor .

hopefully it helps. Best of luck ! 

OMG... only 27 open spots?!?!  Did they say when their Interviews are going to be? You have really good stats!!! Lots of luck to you!!!! Hopefully I'll meet ya there ;)!

37 minutes ago, clarbd said:

OMG... only 27 open spots?!?!  Did they say when their Interviews are going to be? You have really good stats!!! Lots of luck to you!!!! Hopefully I'll meet ya there ;)!

They will have two interviews in September, one in October and 2 in November. 

Hopfully we will get an invitation. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, clarbd said:

OMG... only 27 open spots?!?! 

I attended their open house in 2015. QU does have a direct-entry "pre-PA" bachelor's path which guarantees admission to their graduate PA program.

This is from their FAQ directly:

"We have 54 spots available each year. Of the 54 spots, a percentage of those spots come from Quinnipiac’s pre-PA program known as the entry level master’s physician assistant program (ELMPA). Students who have successfully completed all requirements of the ELMPA program, as well as the admissions requirements, will also be granted admission to the master of health science physician assistant program."

I was a little confused because really they only accept approximately 25-27 students from outside applications. 

Hi everyone! I got the confirmation email two days ago and wow do I feel like everyone in this thread is so accomplished! 

sGPA: 3.74

overall: 3.81

PCE: 2,660

shadowing: 60

Bachelor: Biochemistry and Cell Biology

I hope they look at other factors like Non-healthcare employment haha. This waiting game is making me feel like I should apply to more schools!

9 hours ago, Cadapter said:

I attended their open house in 2015. QU does have a direct-entry "pre-PA" bachelor's path which guarantees admission to their graduate PA program.

This is from their FAQ directly:

"We have 54 spots available each year. Of the 54 spots, a percentage of those spots come from Quinnipiac’s pre-PA program known as the entry level master’s physician assistant program (ELMPA). Students who have successfully completed all requirements of the ELMPA program, as well as the admissions requirements, will also be granted admission to the master of health science physician assistant program."

I was a little confused because really they only accept approximately 25-27 students from outside applications. 

Yes! This is exactly what they said . 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2018 at 9:06 PM, YGrabo said:

I got verification email from different school I applied, but not from QU. Today I tried to chat with them , to just find out if the received my application. No luck . They transferred me to an admission consular and this chat never connected me to anyone . So I just left my question and we will see if any one replies. 

I guess we will have to wait a little longer for this school ? 

I applied and was verified around June 11 or so... and around June 25 I received this "acknowledgement emailsaying the following:

Thank you for your interest in and application to the Quinnipiac University Physician Assistant program.  This email confirms that we have received your CASPA application and it is currently under review.

A supplemental application is NOT required.

We recognize that this is a lengthy admissions process and hope that the brief timeline below will be helpful in understanding our admissions cycle.

June – September: Initial review of files by Graduate Admissions and the PA Department

September – November:  Interviews held on the North Haven campus

If selected for an interview, invitations are sent (via email) approximately two weeks prior to the interview date.  Interviews consist of being greeted by and mingling with current PA students, an in-depth group briefing by the program co-chair and campus tours by current PA students.  Additionally, interviews will be conducted with various teams of PA faculty, preceptors, graduates, health science faculty and administrators.

October – January:  Admissions decisions sent out electronically via email.

If accepted after an interview, you will be notified as early as two weeks post interview to as late as February.  To hold your seat in the class, a five hundred dollar matriculation deposit is due within two weeks of acceptance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, clarbd said:

I applied and was verified around June 11 or so... and around June 25 I received this "acknowledgement emailsaying the following:

Thank you for your interest in and application to the Quinnipiac University Physician Assistant program.  This email confirms that we have received your CASPA application and it is currently under review.

A supplemental application is NOT required.

We recognize that this is a lengthy admissions process and hope that the brief timeline below will be helpful in understanding our admissions cycle.

June – September: Initial review of files by Graduate Admissions and the PA Department

September – November:  Interviews held on the North Haven campus

If selected for an interview, invitations are sent (via email) approximately two weeks prior to the interview date.  Interviews consist of being greeted by and mingling with current PA students, an in-depth group briefing by the program co-chair and campus tours by current PA students.  Additionally, interviews will be conducted with various teams of PA faculty, preceptors, graduates, health science faculty and administrators.

October – January:  Admissions decisions sent out electronically via email.

If accepted after an interview, you will be notified as early as two weeks post interview to as late as February.  To hold your seat in the class, a five hundred dollar matriculation deposit is due within two weeks of acceptance.

I got the same email ???. Now more waiting to do ??????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, PAlife91 said:

I feel like that is soon enough that we people should have received invites already...

Also during the information session they mentioned that the interview invitation sent two weeks prier the interview date . 

Getting close to start getting our invitations guys . Good luck ?  everyone!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tinagoestoPAschool said:

I got offered an interview for September 7th!! They emailed me around 3:30 pm!

CASPA submitted: June 20

CASPA verified: June 27

Anyone else hear from them today??

Congratulations! I haven’t gotten anything yet. Still remaining hopeful ??????. I applied and was verified in May . Is it your first year applying to QU? Do you mind to share your stats ?